The Nintendo DS thread

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Just curious how many people have a Nintendo DS. I bought one for my wife because she has always liked Mario and Zelda games, but I refuse to buy a full size Nintendo console. So the other day, we're at a store playing Brain Age 2 on the in-store DS and it's actually fun! So I end up buying the Crimson and Onyx DS that comes with Brain Age 2 and it's great! One cartridge and we can challenge each other because one DS will download the information it needs from the other. I even showed it to my parents(who don't really like video games at all) and they are talking about getting a couple DS's to challenge each other with.

D

davo

Full Audioholic
I let my missus get one, even though I don't have a PS3 yet!?!, but she really enjoys the brain teaser type games. (sudoku, brain game etc)
The interesting aspect is that it has nothing to do with graphics or sound. It's all about the challenge.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Challenge is right! I'd never really been interested in Sudoku until I was able to play it on the DS. It just works better with a little bit of a signal when you make a mistake. I even tried one of those digital Sudoku machines, but the LCD ones are really hard to read. Anyway, I love it. Just picked up Bleach: The Blade of Fate yesterday and I've been playing it non-stop. Thing is, it's a challenge, but it's so simple to get the hang of. I just turned 28 last month so I'm not that old and I've been around technology all my life, but I have to admit. Sometimes when I get a new console game I will play it non-stop for a couple days, put it down and never pick it up because I really have to learn how to play it again. It doesn't help that every game has different controls. Call of Duty and Resistance: Fall of Man; I got both when I bought the PS3 and I couldn't play them at the same time because the controls were so different. The DS only has 2 fewer buttons than the PS3 controller, but the control schemes seem to be much more thought out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis