The new "Thanks" button

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I run a small forum for the disabled, with the same kind of software here (vBulletin 3.6.7) and would love for someone to tell me where the "Thanks" button hack came from?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Now how funny is that? Thanks for asking this Ric, cuz I was about to...

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I think its kind of funny except instead of hitting the quick reply button I keep hitting the thanks one now. Another interesting feature added to the forums, we will see how people use it though.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Thank You avaserfi! I've been hunting that hack at vbulletin.org, but you beat me to it!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
We are going to have a huge # of thanks on this thread given the purpose of this forum. It is more obvious for new members than the chicklet system, I doubt many posters know about it for sometime if they are relatively new to forums.:)

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Well they already took them away! Stealing our toys, how dare you mods!

I was wondering when that would happen ;).

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Well they already took them away! Stealing our toys, how dare you mods!

I was wondering when that would happen ;).
Curious, one minute they'e there, the next....pfffffft! Gone. Ahhhh, the torture of being an Audioholic.

It temporarily messed up our site cause it changed the database... so I had to kill it. I'll bring it back as soon as I can.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Clint, is the thank you system replacing the rep system since the thank you system is far more obvious for newer people or do we just keep both?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
That might be simply because newer members don't know about it. I didn't have a clue what it was until I accidently clicked my User Cp button and saw a comment there. Then I PMed the person who gave me the comment to find out what it ment.

Either way, the thank you system is far more noticable.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe both systems will work. People seem to use the thank you more in jest albeit it has only been returned for a little while chicklets might be the more serious thing.

Fun things to play with :).

majorloser

majorloser

But what about a button that does the opposite? :rolleyes:

I can think of a few good names for the button..........:D

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I just noticed a thank you actually adds a single point to your rep. Interesting to see the systems work together.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
For some strange reason my posts don't get a thank you button, what gives? See.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis