The Marantz SR6013 9.2CH 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with HEOS ($1,500 value) Giveaway is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vinod.r

Audiophyte
For me it has always been a call between Denon and Marantz, but would vote for Marantz as it sounds slightly more musical in general and can do duties as a stereo amplifier too!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
As we now have 27 pages of posts, which I've not read, I'll just remind posters that the original post was made April 1, 2019 o_O

Is the giveaway real, or not? :D

P

prerich

Audioholic Intern
Believe it or not - I have a three way tie.
Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha.

Why?
Denon - Cost preference while retaining things such as Audyssey 32XT, I prefer the full view display as well.
Marantz - Even though there are distinct similarities between the two (Denon and Marantz), the Marantz has better opamps and the sound quality seems to shine through a bit better. Marantz looks very good as well.
Yamaha - One reason that Yamaha is up here, it's DSP capabilities.

To me these three represent the pinnacle of the major receiver brands. Cost no object....I'd go Marantz.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Believe it or not - I have a three way tie.
Denon, Marantz, and Yamaha.

Why?
Denon - Cost preference while retaining things such as Audyssey 32XT, I prefer the full view display as well.
Marantz - Even though there are distinct similarities between the two (Denon and Marantz), the Marantz has better opamps and the sound quality seems to shine through a bit better. Marantz looks very good as well.
Yamaha - One reason that Yamaha is up here, it's DSP capabilities.

To me these three represent the pinnacle of the major receiver brands. Cost no object....I'd go Marantz.
Op amps used are the same for the comparable Marantz and Denon models, example: x4400h and sr7012. Marantz has the HDAM modules, but the real bottlenecks are upstream and are common to both. It boils down to style mainly, between the two.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I must like Yammys the best because that's what I have.

MigMeisterGeneral

MigMeisterGeneral

Audiophyte
Yamaha - great sound, reliable, easy to program, YPAO

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
My favorite has been Marantz because of the high pre-amp output, usually somewhere above 4Vrms, which is enough to drive any power amp into clipping. Many receivers have very weak pre-out output.

N

nhonetschlager

Audiophyte
Onkyo...because so far it's the only brand I've owned

B

Bkl

Audiophyte
Marantz (as well as Denon)
Marantz, no question at all!
Marantz for the top quality. (Denon for excellent price/performance ratio)
Marantz & Denon, good firmware and apps update speed, staying up front with the latest technologies.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
NAD....because....Dirac Live!!!

OK, I also love the BluOS streaming and the way it can be a "whole house" music system. Being a somewhat modular unit, I've owned it 3-1/2 years and in that time it's gone from being a rather simple 7.1 receiver with a low-level version of Audyssey XT to being a 7.1.4 receiver (with pre-outs for the .4 to be externally amplified), streamer, and with Dirac Live it's brought out the best in my speakers and system.

B

boxerdog

Audiophyte
Yamaha-Reliable -Powerful-Music Cast-Owned various Yamaha products for 15 years

C

Celt

Audiophyte
Marantz because they seem to have the top specs and features aside from esoteric overpriced brands.

H

Haberskir

Enthusiast
Denon is currently my favorite.

But I am currently in the market for a new receiver and Marantz looks like a winner.

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
By the time I stumbled upon how good Marantz is I had purchased a Yamaha.
If I had to do it over I would get a Marantz.

G

Gonzaga_1

Audiophyte
B or A? Marantz maybe. I own a Pioneer but would upgrade to either a Marantz or Denon probably over Emotiva as the first two seem to be more upgraded with the latest. I would have to do a lot of cross comparison and ideally testing before actually choosing.

M

mwere

Audiophyte
I've had Pioneer Elite and Yamaha. I have been reading a lot of great things about Marantz. However, I really loved the sound on my Pioneer Elite SC-07 . . . but it got fried. My Yamaha does a good job but does not have the same sound field as the Elite did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis