lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm hoping it means time for the Grey Jedi. Could go all over the place with that one. Rey turning to the dark side? Kylo redeeming himself? Well, he killed his dad. Hard to get redemption for that one... I'm just having fun with it.
What is a grey Jedi? That from the animated series or did I miss something in the movies?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What is a grey Jedi? That from the animated series or did I miss something in the movies?
It's a fan concept. I don't think you'll find anything on grey jedi that's official canon, but it could be if Disney decides to use it. Basically they're jedis who walk a line between the dark and light side of the force. Able to harness and use abilities from both. In TFA Snoke kind of hints that's what he wants out of Kylo, though the term "grey jedi" wasn't used.

There are plenty of discussions on whether or not Luke is a Grey Jedi as he never completed his training with Yoda and learned much on his own. He tapped into his fear and anger battling Darth Vader, then was able to get it back under control before he succumbed to the dark side.

Looks like it might be canon! clicky <---- Explains Gray Jedi far better than I did.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, they were part of the canon that sort of became an "unrecognized" section of Star Wars (which includes some of the games) after Disney bought the franchise. Some elements that were in the expanded universe are trickling into the movie realm though.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Commenting on SW movies is tricky business. For many, SW films are akin to some treasured relic or religious icon. Nobody should ever criticize a SW film in their view since the films are above reproach. (4,5,6 primarily)

Since this is an audio forum, I can draw the analogy to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. DSM charted on the album charts for 17 YEARS, not some mere matter of weeks. It has reached iconic/religious status for many. Criticism of any aspect of DSM will draw the ire of many a Pink Floyd fan.

If you lived the first year of SW 4, you saw movie magic at its best. If you caught DSM when it came out you got to live audio magic in much the same way. What about all those folks born long after the original magic? That's where I think a genuine divide occurs and room for criticism should be allowed.

For those who lived it the first time (like me) SW 4,5,6 are in a special category because of all the context and life stuff they are attached to. Same with DSM: the context of living it as "new" enriches the experience for me. For those born long after, they are just films and a record like so many other films and records our parents got a big kick out of.

I remember my mother going bonkers over movies and records and when I watched them it was more like "meh". For a SW fan (I'm in that camp of 4,5,6 were outstanding and the rest up for grabs) we are going to wake up someday soon and have a grandchild, niece or nephew ask us "WTF is Star Wars?" I've already had it happen for "WTF were the Beatles?"

The way Disney is trying to turn it into a cash cow, you may have to wait until your great grandchildren asks "What is Star Wars." While I like SW and Super Hero Movies, it is coming to a point where it is killing new IPs because all we worry about is blockbusters. I of course say this as I already have booked my Guardians of the Galaxy 2 tickets :rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The way Disney is trying to turn it into a cash cow, you may have to wait until your great grandchildren asks "What is Star Wars." While I like SW and Super Hero Movies, it is coming to a point where it is killing new IPs because all we worry about is blockbusters. I of course say this as I already have booked my Guardians of the Galaxy 2 tickets :rolleyes:
GotG was better than I expected, so I will be seeing Vol2.

Star Wars every year? 7 films? Yes, they are milking it and I foresee them over saturating the market with it.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
I'd rather watch a chimpanzee washing a cat for 2 hours. I mean it I'm done with star wars under the disney studio trademark.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
It's been confirmed (due to how the title was translated into other languages) that The Last Jedi... is plural.
NVM. The whole plural translation thing may turn out to be disinformation from Disney. Back to speculation!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'd rather watch a chimpanzee washing a cat for 2 hours. I mean it I'm done with star wars under the disney studio trademark.
Oh, now, now. :D

I think Jedi are mutants with telekinetic and telepathic powers like in the X-Men universe.

It's strange how all the mutants in this SW universe have the same basic power. Why don't they have different powers?

Or maybe they are supposed to be witches/wizards like Doctor Strange? I guess all the witches/wizards have the same basic powers too?

Wouldn't it be cool if these mutants or witches/wizards had better martial arts fighting skills like in "Doctor Strange" and especially in the TV series "Into the Badlands" ?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe one of the last unknown Jedi is a powerful wizard who can resurrect Darth Vader. :D

It's just not the same without Vader. I think when I was growing up watching SW, it was always about Vader and Luke. That was the magic. Without the Vader/Luke chemistry, everything just seems hollow to me.

No, seriously, I have no life. :eek:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ya'll had lost me after using words combination of "Star Wars" and "canon".
The later meant to separate original SW universe from what practically is fan fiction and I honestly don't want to go there, no more than I want to argue with larper

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We've come a long ways since 1977. I just used "jedi" in an online scrabble game....granted it was the fairly wide ranging Collins dictionary, but.... :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I think Jedi are mutants with telekinetic and telepathic powers like in the X-Men universe.

It's strange how all the mutants in this SW universe have the same basic power. Why don't they have different powers?

Different galaxy, different mutant rules. ;) :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well I can say that I've never larped in my life, nor would I want to...

I think anyone would be hard pressed to deliver on a Star Wars trilogy these days. I also think that if 4, 5, and 6 were to come out now (assuming to today's technical standards), people would be ripping it to pieces for plot holes, story, and everything else. It seems like movies aren't enjoyed so much as scrutinized for perfection any more.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well I can say that I've never larped in my life, nor would I want to...

I think anyone would be hard pressed to deliver on a Star Wars trilogy these days. I also think that if 4, 5, and 6 were to come out now (assuming to today's technical standards), people would be ripping it to pieces for plot holes, story, and everything else. It seems like movies aren't enjoyed so much as scrutinized for perfection any more.
Wait. Say it ain't so. There's plot holes in Epi 4, 5, 6?

I saw them when I was a kid. I supposed back then I didn't think much about plot holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
star wars the disney mary sue hope awakens bluray review!

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Saw this yesterday and I think it was a good movie even though there are some things I don't like about the new trilogy. I was positively surprised as it was a lot better than episode 7.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'll check it out when it's on Netflix.

I see a lot of ratings of 1, 2, and 3 out of 10 on IMDB!

Definitely a rental. :D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis