the|fraserconcept - stealth | four

t|fraserconcept

t|fraserconcept

Audiophyte
Hello all.

I am a Scottish product designer who is obsessed with music. I have designed a loudspeaker that I intend to make as well as try and get investors to help. However before I even get to that stage (even though I've built a small prototype) I would really like to know what some discerning audio crazies like myself think about it.

It's called the Stealth | Four (floorstander) and will also come in a Stealth | Two variety with only 2 drivers, and in a bookshelf config.

It's roughly 1 meter tall.

I can't link images, so I will unfortunately have to post 5 times. Please accept my apologies for this.

Thoughts?

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Hmm interesting, I think you'll have to ship me one so I may test it and provide feedback!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Looks like a crib of the Gallo to me, but probably done wrong. If you are going to use two mids, then why do you not have an MTM arrangement. Those spaced mids and spaced tweeter are going to have a horrible lobing error to say nothing of comb filtering.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Looks like a crib of the Gallo to me, but probably done wrong. If you are going to use two mids, then why do you not have an MTM arrangement. Those spaced mids and spaced tweeter are going to have a horrible lobing error to say nothing of comb filtering.
I agree with an MTM arrangment, but this would certainly allow for precise engineering for each chamber.

t|fraserconcept

t|fraserconcept

Audiophyte
Hello

Thanks for the replies.

Your answers did confuse me, but that's primarily due to the lack of knowledge of the physics of loudspeakers.

Quick searching found MTM to mean that the tweeter goes in between the two mids. However I don't know what lobing errors or comb filtering is. Can you help me out with a simple explanation if possible? Or even some links would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello

Thanks for the replies.

Your answers did confuse me, but that's primarily due to the lack of knowledge of the physics of loudspeakers.

Quick searching found MTM to mean that the tweeter goes in between the two mids. However I don't know what lobing errors or comb filtering is. Can you help me out with a simple explanation if possible? Or even some links would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon
A speaker is much more complex than it looks. Design is complex and requires a lot of experience.

Teaching someone how to design an commercial speaker is way beyond the scope of a forum like this.

By your reply you are nowhere near at a stage to even begin a simple DIY speaker and you are miles away from being ready for a commercial enterprise.

Now if you want to engage me or anyone else to do some designs for you that is entirely another matter.

The way you are going about this venture, you are about to loose a lot of cash for no good purpose.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
But they look awesome....

Once you get a design laid out and tested with the proper crossover implemented I think they would be cool... but that will take a lot of testing and measurements...

t|fraserconcept

t|fraserconcept

Audiophyte
A speaker is much more complex than it looks. Design is complex and requires a lot of experience.

Teaching someone how to design an commercial speaker is way beyond the scope of a forum like this.

By your reply you are nowhere near at a stage to even begin a simple DIY speaker and you are miles away from being ready for a commercial enterprise.

Now if you want to engage me or anyone else to do some designs for you that is entirely another matter.

The way you are going about this venture, you are about to loose a lot of cash for no good purpose.
Thank you all.

I am just a designer, not anywhere near an authority on crossover design or anything to do with the physical properties of speakers and their enclosures. I would really like to pursue this and hopefully get it made, but as you said, I am a long way away from this point.

This isn't a venture, it's an idea that I want to realise. So far, no money has been spent or lost, and it will continue to be this way until I find someone who is willing to help me out.

Thanks again for your comments, I really appreciate them,

Regards

Gordon

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis