The Fast and The Furious: Toyko Drift

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The Dukester said:
I just looked a little closer at the valve covers on that engine...it says 632. Holy Big Block, Batman! That puppy puts out 900 hp and 725 pound feet of tourque:eek: :eek: :eek: :D
Negative.

Those were actually a lie. Then put them on a 509 to make it seem like a bigger motor, without costing extra.

SheepStar

majorloser

majorloser

The Dukester said:
I just looked a little closer at the valve covers on that engine...it says 632. Holy Big Block, Batman! That puppy puts out 900 hp and 725 pound feet of tourque:eek: :eek: :eek: :D
And it's naturally aspirated with NO adders (NOS) :D

If you want to talk about high revs and engines built on the very limits, look no further than Formula 1 racing. Now that they've mandated V-8's the rev limits are between 19,000 and 20,000 rpms :eek: And the engines must last through the entire event (qualifing and race).

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
majorloser said:
And it's naturally aspirated with NO adders (NOS) :D

If you want to talk about high revs and engines built on the very limits, look no further than Formula 1 racing. Now that they've mandated V-8's the rev limits are between 19,000 and 20,000 rpms :eek: And the engines must last through the entire event (qualifing and race).
Indy is more competitive. 1 engine, 2 chasis. Mmmmm.

On an unrelated note, I might be buying a ford mustang, 5 liter, 1986. Can you say Flowmaster 40 series? :D

SheepStar

V

vLude99

Audiophyte
gosh this got WAAAAY off topic. but anyways my opinion on this is that different cars are built for different purposes. i drive a 5th gen prelude. this car is not fast by any means but it's "fast enough" for daily driving. if i were to race a muscle car like a camaro ss, i would lose the race before i can even push the pedal down. it's just no contest at all. but let me ask you this: what good is all that power for on the street? and how will you make use of that power when you are rush hour downtown LA traffic? the thing is, most imports are just really meant to get you places. they are NOT race cars. they are meant to save you gas on your commute. some of them though are more sporty like the prelude:D but it's still meant to be a gas saver. I must say that I do have a lot of respect for muscle cars though, those are FAST, no questions about it. but i still have a lot of respect for imports too. i mean, how many engineers can design a 2.2L engine that can rev up to 8k and make 240hp and still run reliably?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think the problem is, there are so many fools who think their cars are race cars because they put a big muffler tip and some eBay springs on stock shocks. Imports CAN be built to do amazing things, but it is the ignorant wanabes that make everyone else look bad. I dont' care what kind of car it is, I give guys who have driving skills respect and I give cars that are modified with purpose respect also.

V

vLude99

Audiophyte
j_garcia said:
I think the problem is, there are so many fools who think their cars are race cars because they put a big muffler tip and some eBay springs on stock shocks. Imports CAN be built to do amazing things, but it is the ignorant wanabes that make everyone else look bad. I dont' care what kind of car it is, I give guys who have driving skills respect and I give cars that are modified with purpose respect also.

well said. another thing I hate is street racers. keep the racing on the track and OFF the street. I do NOT have any sympathy for those who get hurt in a street race.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
j_garcia said:
I think the problem is, there are so many fools who think their cars are race cars because they put a big muffler tip and some eBay springs on stock shocks. .

Mmwhaaahaaaahaaa. LOL Man, you said it! There are all kinds of kids around here with fart cans out the back, all kinds of wings and decals, springs that keep the car an inch off the ground, with a K & N filter and induction system that think they can outrun a Z06. Hillarious.
I have seen a couple at the track that could flat out fly, also.:) I'm totaly with you on the rest of your post, also!

Hey, Sheep; good luck with that Mustang. I had a '90 GT with the five speed and five litre. It was one of the most fun cars I've had to drive, whether you were going fast or just putting around. I really enjoyed it. As for Flowmasters, Mustangs are the ONLY thing I like them on. I cannot STAND them on Chevys. Personally, I like Borla mufflers. I have them on my Monte and my truck. The Impala is a six-banger...no aftermarket pipes on it for fear of falling into the aforementioned catagory:eek:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hey, Sheep; good luck with that Mustang. I had a '90 GT with the five speed and five litre. It was one of the most fun cars I've had to drive, whether you were going fast or just putting around. I really enjoyed it. As for Flowmasters, Mustangs are the ONLY thing I like them on. I cannot STAND them on Chevys. Personally, I like Borla mufflers. I have them on my Monte and my truck. The Impala is a six-banger...no aftermarket pipes on it for fear of falling into the aforementioned catagory
Mustang was a no go. Took 10 minutes to start and smelt like a lawn more. The idiot selling it said it will pass air care no problem thinking I was some punk teenager.

Once he found out I've rebuilt 10 small block chevys he said that they would not be willing to do day insurance. I even offered to pay for it and he said nope.

No dice!

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That sucks. Good thing to know a little about cars when you go looking used :) Keep looking until you find the right one.

On one of my car forums the other day, a guy actually asked:

i want my car to have the sound when you have an exhaust. so, do i have to buy a whole exhaust kit or can i just buy an exhaust tip? all i want is the sound.
:rolleyes:

One guy's response was pretty funny:

well u can do it ghetto if you want a nd punch two little holes in your muffler...lol

Last edited:
T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Sheep said:
thinking I was some punk teenager.
SheepStar

You mean you aren't :eek: :D JK!!! JK!!!
Too bad on the deal! People will no doubt try to take advantage of women and young folks at times. I agree with jgarcia; just keep looking, the right one will come along.:)

Hey jgarcia; I remember when I was a kid that I bought a Thrush muffler to put on my 6 cyl '65 Ford Falcon b/c I wanted it to sound like a tuff v-8:eek: Boy, was I surprised when I stuck it on there. :eek: It sounded like a dead fart going down the road. LOL I guess we all learn!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
*update*

The DVD for this movie comes out on the 26th.

So all you guys that didn't see it can rent it, and be in aw of all the drifting.

SheepStar

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
saw the dvd last week.. comes out in a few days, its pretty good sound.

i didnt expect anything form the movie, and the story sucks as i expected, but there is some decent driving.

i actually was able to sit through it, and it had some good sound too.

there werent even that many 350z's by the way.

i watched it a few days ago, but i only remember one. maybe 2.

there was an evo, an nsx, a gtr, what looked like an rx8 (but could have been a new gtr) and some silvias i think.

so far its definately the best of the first 3 movies.. i never even watched the second one, but i saw about 10 minutes of it and had to turn it off.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
dvyi83 said:
saw the dvd last week.. comes out in a few days, its pretty good sound.

i didnt expect anything form the movie, and the story sucks as i expected, but there is some decent driving.

i actually was able to sit through it, and it had some good sound too.

there werent even that many 350z's by the way.

i watched it a few days ago, but i only remember one. maybe 2.

there was an evo, an nsx, a gtr, what looked like an rx8 (but could have been a new gtr) and some silvias i think.

so far its definately the best of the first 3 movies.. i never even watched the second one, but i saw about 10 minutes of it and had to turn it off.
Um, DK and his gang (3) all drove 350z's...

It wasn't an NSX, it was an RX7 with a veilside body kit. Where was the GTR? The Orange and Blue car was a silvia.

SheepStar

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
there is a skyline in the scene at night when there are like 5 cars drifting in a row. most are silvias, and shes drivin an rx8

looks like a gts though.

and yeah i guess there are 3 350's, but you see the rx7 and the evo, and silvia way more.

im not sure why i thought that was an nsx, its an rx7 definately i just wasnt really payin attention. it doesnt really look like one, it has a wide body kit, and a full wrap. none of the body is the same.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
dvyi83 said:
there is a skyline in the scene at night when there are like 5 cars drifting in a row. most are silvias, and shes drivin an rx8
Yes, there is some skylines there. Also, that guy who dies drifts around a skyline for that chicks number.

dvyi83 said:
looks like a gts though.
You know what pissed me off the MOST about this movie? I only saw 1 Corolla GTS, and it was parked. That's Hella weak. Since when does a drift king drive a 350Z?

dvyi83 said:
and yeah i guess there are 3 350's, but you see the rx7 and the evo, and silvia way more.

im not sure why i thought that was an nsx, its an rx7 definately i just wasnt really payin attention. it doesnt really look like one, it has a wide body kit, and a full wrap. none of the body is the same.
The way I new it was an RX7 was the engine note. Rotary all the way!

SheepStar

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
8-6's are pretty ugly though.. and cheap.

it would have made sense to train the main character in one.. i thought it was pretty stupid how he learned by wrecking 2 expensive *** cars.

but im kinda glad i didnt have to watch corollas. the 350s are the coolest new cars out. there isnt really anything else as good out right now. tons of companies were fixing them up when they first came out.. probobly still are.

thing that is strange to me,.. is that he has a rear wheel drive evo.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
thing that is strange to me,.. is that he has a rear wheel drive evo.
They just removed a drive shaft. Wa La, RWD.

On an unrelated note, I just picked up the DVD. Won't be watching it until Saturday on my movie night.

SheepStar

Last edited:
T

The Hun

Enthusiast
CaliHwyPatrol said:
I'll stick with my RWD V8 thanks. Nothing I hate more than these ricers driving around racing people in Honda Accords. <b>Please</b>.

~Chuck
You mean your patrol car? I bought a 2000 Crown Vic. ex CHP, it is one slow car.[granted the chip was probably reprogrammed to get it back to "normal]Maybe you guys should follow the film's Tokyo cop's rule.Someome goes over say 140mph you don't even try to chase 'em. :D

Matt34

Matt34

Sheep said:
They just removed a drive shaft. Wa La, RWD.

SheepStar
Well, it's a bit more complicated than that but yeah it was RWD. They actually make a conversion kit now for the EVO.

Matt34

Matt34

The Hun said:
You mean your patrol car? I bought a 2000 Crown Vic. ex CHP, it is one slow car.[granted the chip was probably reprogrammed to get it back to "normal]Maybe you guys should follow the film's Tokyo cop's rule.Someome goes over say 140mph you don't even try to chase 'em. :D
They remove the fuel cutoff(speed limiter) but other than a few electronic upgrades for the extra lights/radios and a beefier suspension they are stock....and slow.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis