The everything Beer thread

annunaki

annunaki

I currently use a basement closet as my cellar Phil. Even though it is in the basement it does get a little warmer than I would like at certain times so I have been considering the whole room approach as we don't use that room often at the moment. If I do decide to go that route I will take some pics.

I posted a blog topic on cellaring beer some time ago so if any are interested they can check that out. It was called "To Age or not to age?"

At the moment I have 367 bottles. There are a lot of duplicates as I have 103 unique beers in that count. Some are favorites that I like to enjoy all year round, others are there with the intent of doing vertical tasting 3-5 years out or even more.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I currently use a basement closet as my cellar Phil. Even though it is in the basement it does get a little warmer than I would like at certain times so I have been considering the whole room approach as we don't use that room often at the moment. If I do decide to go that route I will take some pics.

I posted a blog topic on cellaring beer some time ago so if any are interested they can check that out. It was called "To Age or not to age?"

At the moment I have 367 bottles. There are a lot of duplicates as I have 103 unique beers in that count. Some are favorites that I like to enjoy all year round, others are there with the intent of doing vertical tasting 3-5 years out or even more.
Once I get the freezer set up I'm going to create a spreadsheet of all my beer. I am not sure how many I have...probably around 120, at least half of which are unique. Over the last few months I've been cutting back on buying due to lack of storage. I'll also try to start tagging them with dates of purchase going forward.

I definitely plan on cellaring certain beers for years with the intent of enjoying verticals. It's tough buying/keeping the limited/specialty releases though. They either sell out way too quickly or I can only get one which I just end up drinking :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'll have to create the spreadsheet later. I stuck exactly 100 beers in the freezer. Left another 51 in the fridge. Gonna slowly start buying some more :)

Drinking this now:

Here are the previous few pics:

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Is the one on the left Unibroue Batch 17?

I'll have to order from them if they've got that. One of my favorite beers. Aged for a year it's wonderful.

annunaki

annunaki

IMG_3291.JPG
Phil - You have been drinking so great ones lately!

Very cool!

Here were some from this weekend.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Phil - You have been drinking so great ones lately!

Very cool!

Here were some from this weekend.
You've been doing the same :)

What's the deal with that Taps and Caps CAN????

They can your order off tap???
A number of growler bars have crowler machines now. Super convenient. Taps & Caps will charge you the 64oz fill price for 4x 16 oz cans. I love it.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

A number of growler bars have crowler machines now. Super convenient. Taps & Caps will charge you the 64oz fill price for 4x 16 oz cans. I love it.
I have not seen that yet, I'm in!

Canned beer seems to be getting a bit trendy, but I think it's a great trend and I hope it continues.

I have been sold on the benefits of canned craft beer for years now.

annunaki

annunaki

Wow! That is super cool! I did not realize that is what they were doing.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah. My growlers haven't gotten much use recently. I've just been getting the crowlers. Much more convenient. The one I opened the other day was just about 5 months old and it was perfect. They won't guarantee them lasting longer than a week so I wouldn't be upset if I opened an old one and it was flat.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
For an example of pricing, here is Taps & Caps Fort Worth's current taplist. I love places that use digitalpour. The app is super convenient :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
More recent pics. I had the Midnight Snark on tap at the brewery on Friday. Failed to take a photo then so I took a pic of the bottles I bought to go :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I picked up my first Crowler(s)!

Black Star Co-op does 32oz for $9 each, or buy 3 and get them for $7 each!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis