The El Siberian Theater

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Ladies and Gents,

I have my first dedicated home theater room! It's not without quirks or renting limitations(seriously why everything is painted white is beyond me. :rolleyes:)

It's not quite finished, but I haven't figured out what do with the speaker wires.

Obviously I still don't have my 3-way build done. I really wish I did especially given I have no real workspace anymore. I will have to figure something out on that end. Those are the original Recession Buster build and they are still quite amazing speakers. Especially in such a small space. The new room has really helped them a lot.

That sign may get hung at some point, but knowing me it'll never happen. Still it's nice having some shelves to cover the wall and add diffusing.

That cord around the front is just the Xbox controller cord. I could use a little better cable management, but with an open rack some will show. The KEFs still do the deed for surround duty and the extra space from the walls has helps sound tremendously.

Nicely corner loaded because I love corner loading subs. Only one for now, but don't worry I'm sure I'll get another sub in there eventually.

It's a far cry from several years back and I didn't have a spare bag of Doritos(old Ahers will remember) lying around for good measure either.

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
Looks like a good place to start start to me. :) What's next, acoustic treatments?

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Great start!!!

Get some dark grey flat paint up on the walls to improve your PJ picture. Then build some sound panels (very simple/cheap) to help with reflections. These 2 things are cheap, easy & will really transform that room's picture, sound AND feel!!!!

Congrats & enjoy!!!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Great start!!!

Get some dark grey flat paint up on the walls to improve your PJ picture. Then build some sound panels (very simple/cheap) to help with reflections. These 2 things are cheap, easy & will really transform that room's picture, sound AND feel!!!!

Congrats & enjoy!!!
It's an apartment. I'm quite sure painting the walls is off limits. :( But we have plans for them to some extent. Unfortunately I gave up my workspace for the room so all my build projects are on hold. But I may do some traps in the future(i have speakers to finish first.)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's an apartment. I'm quite sure painting the walls is off limits. :( But we have plans for them to some extent. Unfortunately I gave up my workspace for the room so all my build projects are on hold. But I may do some traps in the future(i have speakers to finish first.)
From my experience, landlords are OK with painting walls, as long as you return them to there original colours before you leave. Of course, with a PJ, you'd want to paint the walls black. So, getting them back to white might take a few coats.:eek:

An alternative would be to tack some black cloth to the walls.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Dark curtains. Only takes a few screws, pretty much whatever color you can think of and they can also add a layer of sound control.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks good. Rec'r, projector ans BR player pic's please. What kind of sub is that? It looks nice.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
From my experience, landlords are OK with painting walls, as long as you return them to there original colours before you leave. Of course, with a PJ, you'd want to paint the walls black. So, getting them back to white might take a few coats.:eek:

An alternative would be to tack some black cloth to the walls.
It depends. My friend has an apartment in Houston and she is not allowed to paint the walls without paying a monthly maintenance fee. The walls are a hideous yellowish white that look really old even though they were painted recently :/

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It depends. My friend has an apartment in Houston and she is not allowed to paint the walls without paying a monthly maintenance fee. The walls are a hideous yellowish white that look really old even though they were painted recently :/
That is an unethical money grab.:mad:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Looks good. Rec'r, projector ans BR player pic's please. What kind of sub is that? It looks nice.
A TC Sounds 1000 driver in a 1.0 Cuft box. It has it's own build thread. I forget to post the AV Rack.:eek:

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Ladies and Gents,

I have my first dedicated home theater room! It's not without quirks or renting limitations(seriously why everything is painted white is beyond me. :rolleyes:)

It's not quite finished, but I haven't figured out what do with the speaker wires.

Obviously I still don't have my 3-way build done. I really wish I did especially given I have no real workspace anymore. I will have to figure something out on that end. Those are the original Recession Buster build and they are still quite amazing speakers. Especially in such a small space. The new room has really helped them a lot.

That sign may get hung at some point, but knowing me it'll never happen. Still it's nice having some shelves to cover the wall and add diffusing.

That cord around the front is just the Xbox controller cord. I could use a little better cable management, but with an open rack some will show. The KEFs still do the deed for surround duty and the extra space from the walls has helps sound tremendously.

Nicely corner loaded because I love corner loading subs. Only one for now, but don't worry I'm sure I'll get another sub in there eventually.

It's a far cry from several years back and I didn't have a spare bag of Doritos(old Ahers will remember) lying around for good measure either.
Am I missing something? No photos!!!!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
If you have enough length in the speaker cables, try and jam them between the carpet and the floor molding. That is what I did for my subwoofer cable. Looks really nice. :)

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Am I missing something? No photos!!!!
There we go. It looks like you have everything you need to have a nice movie experience. A large screen and very good speakers. Looks like a third speaker stand is in order but I like that you have given them plenty of breathing room. Something lost on a lot of systems I see. Don't underestimate the potential of your system. Quality sound has a lot more to do with speaker placement than the amount of money spent on hardware. Besides, KEF is good stuff and I like the cabinet look! Not just some black boxes.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
There we go. It looks like you have everything you need to have a nice movie experience. A large screen and very good speakers. Looks like a third speaker stand is in order but I like that you have given them plenty of breathing room. Something lost on a lot of systems I see. Don't underestimate the potential of your system. Quality sound has a lot more to do with speaker placement than the amount of money spent on hardware. Besides, KEF is good stuff and I like the cabinet look! Not just some black boxes.
I'm building new speakers so they are hold overs.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Receiver Upgrade

I just got an upgrade this weekend from my HK AVR 247 to an Onkyo NR-708

The old receiver. It's certainly done it's work.

The only tool needed for the exchange.

It's here!

Box Opened.

Remote and antennas.

Receiver.

Back Panel.

Power test.

Installed in the rack.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks great. I like your unwrapping pictures.:cool: Enjoy it.;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis