The David TwoTrees Hi Rez Music Collection.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I am selling my dvd-audio and sacd collection. I am very sad by their demise. I do not listen to these much. They all have very little play. Al Green was my reference disc, so that did see more play than others. These are being sold as a lot. Shipping to Con. US is included. I will entertain offers, but I think my price is fair and it's pretty firm. $300 shipped.
I also have a Pioneer Elite Dv48Av that I will sell with these for $80. It is as new, with orig box and and remote and documentation.
So, $380 shipped for an as new player and this collection. I am not willing to split this collection up at this time.

DVD-A Titles

Yes. Fragile
Neil Young. Harvest (missing liner notes)
Jackson Browne. Running on Empty
Sting. Sacred Love
Graham Parker. Live From the Front Row
Al Green. Greatest Hits
Steely Dan. Two Against Nature
Diana Krall. The Look of Love
Beck. Sea Change
Simple Minds. Once Upon a Time
Bjork. Vespertine (missing liner notes)
Jane Moneheit. Come Dream With Me
Kd. Lang. Invincible Summer.
Dr. Cheskey’s 5.1 Surround Show.
Donald Fagan. Morph the Cat (includes cd)
Beethoven’s Classics (includes cd)
Bach’s Classics (includes cd)

DTS.ES
Sheryl Crow. The Globe Sessions

SACD ONLY Discs
(theses discs are non-hybrid and do not play in cd players, sacd only)

Bob Dylan. Blonde on Blonde
Miles Davis Sextet. Live at the Plaza
Tony Bennet. MTV Unplugged
Reiner @ the Chicago Symphony. Living Stereo. Scherezade. Song of the Nightingale.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
$275 shipped for all discs listed.
I also found a Johnny Cash Live at Fulsom Prison SACD not on the list.

D

DaveHo

Audioholic
I can understand the desire to sell as one lot. However, at this point in the life cycle of SACD & DVD-A, those of us who are interested may already have many of these. If you decide to split things up, I'll take the following:

Yes. Fragile
Neil Young. Harvest
Sting. Sacred Love
Al Green. Greatest Hits
Johnny Cash. Live at Fulsom Prison

-Dave

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I appreciate your keen take on the state of the hi rez market! I will keep your offer in mind! Thanks!

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Devolution is a state of mind. I'll rephrase your honor.
The simian head weighs 4 pounds............and DVDA is a dead format......

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
..........and DVDA is a dead format......
Not at my house. If I had Adam's money I would throw mine away and be all over this deal.
I already have Harvest but would love to be able to say that I have 2 copies ... 1 for each system. :)

This is how it feels to want. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
David, have you priced those out individually for your own knowledge? I didn't check most of them, but the Beck disc caught my attention because it's discontinued and seems to run over $70 used. I've seen that one recommended as a great disc several times (well, it might have been the SACD, but I don't know if the mix is any different).

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
The Yes and the Neil Young ones were the two big dollar ones to my mind. Didn't know the beck sea change was, though. Just didn't want to mess with shipping twenty different discs over 12 transacts, and then end up with 6 discs left over. Between the music server and streaming Pandora, I honestly don't listen to single discs any more......

D

DaveHo

Audioholic
I'm still interested if you change your mind...

If you decide to split things up, I'll take the following:

Yes. Fragile
Neil Young. Harvest
Sting. Sacred Love
Al Green. Greatest Hits
Johnny Cash. Live at Fulsom Prison

-Dave

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Make me an offer for those titles............

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
I'll grant you that. I came on the boat of hirez when it was [unbeknownst to me] already sinking. The first time I had my Mordaunt Short 50x series of 5.2 set up and playing Neil's Harvest DVDA I was blown away. Al Green's Greatest Hits DVDA became my reference disc. I loved DVDA.........moreso than sacd. DVDA broke my heart, dammit!
And yet, I see that a used Beck SeaChange on ebay is up to $51 dollars! WootWoot.
If you could get me a music server like my escient fireball that did dvda...........ahhhh, then you'd have me. NOW BUY MY DISCS!!! Or, if you aren't interested, help me price them out...............My Neil is missing part of the liner notes.......(i cut out the harvest part and framed it for a xmas gift..........i'd do it again, too!)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
David, I saw you lurking and remembered this thread. How'd you make out with selling these?

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Not too good. I sold the Beck Sea Change for around $70 to a guy that bought a car with a hi rez disc player in it, so he wanted to see what was what.
I haven't sold any of them other than that!
I am indeed a lurker, now. In the two years since the last post in this thread, my painting business all but died, I moved out of my bachelor pad, sold my Cantons, got married, went back to school, started a new career and seem to have no time!
But I wouldn't change a thing except selling those Cantons- big mistake, those things filled a room with sound that made you want to sit down and listen. My Quads are nice and do ok with my little 8" sub, but they just don't bring the magic like the Cantons. Once I find a real job in Urban forestry, I will get some full range speakers again. Somewhere, over the rainbow...........
Hey, those discs are still available...........bumpity bump bump

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
... tempted and strapped yet again. Foiled by Bush. :D

j/k ... I heart bush :)

But yeah, at least I know you still have 'em. Work for me has gotten ... more hopeful ... so I may be back in touch about these sooner than later ... and it's always good to know who the resident painting pro is. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis