THE DARK KNIGHT releases 12/9

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Third movie is going to have Johnny Dep in it, possibly as The Riddler, and word is Rachel Weiss is going to play Cat Woman.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Third movie is going to have Johnny Dep in it, possibly as The Riddler, and word is Rachel Weiss is going to play Cat Woman.

I can dig Rachel Weiss in any role!:D

I guess I totally missed that hint in the movie. What did Batman and the Joker say that gave us the hint about the Riddler or Cat Woman?

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
I believe Depp is just a rumor right now. It's also rumored that Philip Seymour Hoffman will play the Penguin.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Depp is not confirmed, but Weiss is, though I understand that Depp has signed on but his role was not revealed. Speculation is Riddler, though you never know. Nothing in the movie indicated this :D These are from the rumor mill :) There was also a rumor about who would replace Ledger as Joker.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I believe Depp is just a rumor right now. It's also rumored that Philip Seymour Hoffman will play the Penguin.
Oh, please, no, not the Penguin (bad memories of Danny DeVito in Batman Returns)!:eek:

I can believe the character of the Joker and even the Riddler, but not the Penguin. Please no.

I don't know about Catwoman either, but as long as she is hot, who cares!:eek::D

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
Depp is not confirmed, but Weiss is, though I understand that Depp has signed on but his role was not revealed. Speculation is Riddler, though you never know. Nothing in the movie indicated this :D These are from the rumor mill :) There was also a rumor about who would replace Ledger as Joker.
I heard about the Joker replacement also. Do you think the third movie will be as big as the second?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I heard about the Joker replacement also. Do you think the third movie will be as big as the second?
My feeling is if they are signing up that many villains then no. Kind of like what happened with the first round of movies. So if we aren't talking cameos that lead to other movies (like they did in Batman Begins and this one) then it will end up being a mess, also not unlike Spiderman 3. IMO, Nolan is better than that, but you know how the studios get when they see $$$$.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
i watched it last night. good, but not great. and i loved the other BATMAN movies.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Okay, I'm going to have to watch it again.:D

But what is the 3rd movie going to be about?:D
When Joker told Batman that he is truly incorruptible. The third movie will be testing that theory. Same as how Gordon was talking to Batman at the end of Begins about escalation.

Last edited:
Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I think the first Batman movies started out okay - at least the first one, then slowly progressed into various forms of stupidity and foolishness. It just became another big-budget Hollywood spectacle of sights and sounds, and totally inflated, hollow characters. What is gripping about the new movies, IMO, is their dark, gritty, seedy vibe - as believable as you can get considering you have a vigilante running around fighting crime in a bat-suit anyway. Even the heroes are shown to have a very human, very fault-ridden side, and Bale does an excellent job of demonstrating that Batman is indeed vulnerable to injury and pain, like any other human being. Ledger's performance as the Joker was unparalleled, period. Blew away Jack Nicholson's version.

As for the first movies - by the time George Clooney took over the role, it just plain sucked. I would hate to see these follow suit, and start chasing dollar signs over maintaining a gripping saga and story-line, but I guess we'll have to see. ;)

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I think Rachel Weiss is a little buxom for the part. A few I think would work well:

Shiri Appleby
Morena Baccarin
Alicia Witt
Jessica Alba
Anne Hathaway
Kathleen Robertson
Vanessa Marcil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Weiss has already signed on as far as I know. I think she will do fine, and we with the whole "more realistic" approach that Nolan is taking, I think she will provide a solid performance.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I watched this movie for the first time this weekend. It was outstanding. I was expecting that the rave reviews that Ledger received for his role as Joker were overblown due to his suicide. After watching the movie I can honestly say that he did a tremendous job. I don’t know who could possibly do as good of a job after that. He blew Jack Nicholson out of the water!

Awesome movie though…and although the voice acting for the Batman character was kind of comical (come one, did he really have to be that throaty?) I still got a kick out of it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That throaty-ness was a common complaint. It didn't bother me, but there were a few times where it sounded "forced".

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome movie though…and although the voice acting for the Batman character was kind of comical (come one, did he really have to be that throaty?) I still got a kick out of it.
The mangled throaty voice was done intentionally to maintain the disguise. It's completely without character or inflection.

If it were Bruce Wayne speaking in a deeper tone, he would still be recognizable to his friends and enemies. Nolan was really going for a realistic Batman, and a Batman who sounds like someone with a highly recognizable voice like Bruce Wayne would be obvious to anyone with half a brain.

It was essential that Batman absolutely sound nothing like Bruce, and an over-the-top throaty voice is really the only way for a person to do it.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
The mangled throaty voice was done intentionally to maintain the disguise. It's completely without character or inflection.

If it were Bruce Wayne speaking in a deeper tone, he would still be recognizable to his friends and enemies. Nolan was really going for a realistic Batman, and a Batman who sounds like someone with a highly recognizable voice like Bruce Wayne would be obvious to anyone with half a brain.

It was essential that Batman absolutely sound nothing like Bruce, and an over-the-top throaty voice is really the only way for a person to do it.
I figured that was what he was trying to do. I just don’t buy it though. It sounded silly. Heck, with all the technology at Batman’s disposal I am sure he could have used a voice disguiser sorta like they used in the Mission Impossible movies.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
I think Rachel Weiss is a little buxom for the part. A few I think would work well:

Shiri Appleby
Morena Baccarin
Alicia Witt
Jessica Alba <---
Anne Hathaway
Kathleen Robertson<---
Vanessa Marcil <---
Let's take the three in arrows out, because I would prefer an actress that can actually ACT. ;)

Rachel Weiss is a good choice.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis