THE DARK KNIGHT releases 12/9

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched it last night. After the opening scene, I completely forgot to even look for the aspect ratio changes because I was so engrossed in the movie all over again :D This is one great looking and sounding BD.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh man, that's crazy. The IMAX shots were plain SICK!!! gosh. I have a small dream that the next installment could be shot with IMAX 100%. That would put this title at the tops of PQ lists, no doubt.

The TrueHD track (with DRC disengaged) calls for serious subwoofers and amps that won't cry uncle! Lots of bass and midbass....
i.e. the hospital blowing up.:p
Yeah, I continued the movie last night - almost to the Hosptial Blow Up scene. It was late last night so I didn't want to take the chance.:D

I also noticed the IMAX scenes - yeah, I wish ALL movies are shot like that.:D

Yes, IMAX 100%!

But that might cost too much?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched it last night. After the opening scene, I completely forgot to even look for the aspect ratio changes because I was so engrossed in the movie all over again :D This is one great looking and sounding BD.
Yeah, I forgot how EXCITING this movie is!!!

I recall it being exciting at theaters, but watching it again at home seems like 100% more exciting.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Man, I really hope they are doing to sequel to Dark Knight.

I know I've said a few negative remarks when I first saw it in theaters, but I take it all back.:D

This movie is the real deal.

Doesn't get any better.

Awesome story.

Awesome Acting.

Awesome Picture Quality.

Awesome Sound Quality.

This is the Gold Standard.

I don't usually watch the extra features, but I think I will watch them on Dark Knight.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I continued the movie last night - almost to the Hosptial Blow Up scene. It was late last night so I didn't want to take the chance.:D

I also noticed the IMAX scenes - yeah, I wish ALL movies are shot like that.:D

Yes, IMAX 100%!

But that might cost too much?
Problem with IMAX is you can only shoot for about 3-4 minutes due to the size of the film - the camera can only hold so much. That kind of makes it a little difficult, and that is why the IMAX scenes are relatively short. They are supposed to re-release this in IMAX theaters for a limited time so I am going to try to get over there and see it this time in the dome.

C

cheapskete OCer

Audioholic
I am going to watch it tonight on blu ray with my new rockets and mfw :D
G/F is gone with her son and I have a group of 6 tallboys to keep me company

I saw it at the Imax and that alone was awesome I might actually be able to see the whole movie this time, I couldnt move my head from left to right fast enough to enjoy some of it;)

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The dual Ultras got a decent workout during the Hospital scene....Great LFE there. When Bruce Wayne runs the ballistics tests with that special gun of his really had some great umph too! But I was surprised with the impact of the opening thud when the crooks blasted out the window too. Good impact there. I thought, Wow, if the first thud is this good...And I was not dissappointed...

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just watched... and I want to take back anything I may have said bad about this film (which wasn't much anyway)... I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! :D:D:D

I was more into the film watching it at home then I was in the theater. The picture was beautiful (although the changing aspect ratio was a minor nuisance), the sound was outstanding (blowing up of the hospital was sick), and the acting/plot was even more better than the first time I saw it in the theater. I used to have a problem with how the Harvey situation was settled- I retract that opinion. I don't know why I didn't like the ending in the theater, could be that my couch is more comfy, but both my wife and I turned to each other afterwards and could not stop talking about how much that movie rocked.

I may have to rewatch tomorrow!

P.S. The black levels and shadows that are used at the end to hide/show Harvey's faces are a work of art. Perfect cinematography.

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
Back to what j_garcia mentioned about them releasing the film in I-max. If this does indeed happen it, is totally worth it. Got to see it at one of the I-max theaters here in Houston and it was absolutely spectacular. So much so...went back it saw it again the following day. But I have to say I am stoked to be able to watch this at home now...

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

I saw it twice in the theater and loved the movie. I rented it this weekend and hoped that I hadn't overinflated my view, but it remains as a favorite. This movie is so dark and the Joker is such a great heartless anarchist. I still love it.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Anyone, anywhere, that has anything bad to say about this movie has no taste and should be ignored entirely when it comes to opinions of all movies.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Anyone, anywhere, that has anything bad to say about this movie has no taste and should be ignored entirely when it comes to opinions of all movies.
Some gratuitous nudity would have been nice... :D:D:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Some gratuitous nudity would have been nice... :D:D:D
I definitely loved this movie so much more after watching it at home.

I still have a little question. At the end, Batman says to blame the 5 killings (done by Harvey Dent) on Batman. Why can't they just blame on the Joker? I mean the Joker already killed like 100 people, what's 5 more?

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I definitely loved this movie so much more after watching it at home.

I still have a little question. At the end, Batman says to blame the 5 killings (done by Harvey Dent) on Batman. Why can't they just blame on the Joker? I mean the Joker already killed like 100 people, what's 5 more?
Because the killings happened while Joker was in the building with the hospital hostages so it would be harder to pin it on him. Plus this way they are setting up the third movie. The last dialogue between Batman and Joker pretty much gave away what the third movie will be about like the last scene with Batman and Gordon did in Batman Begins.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just because he wasn't there doesn't mean he isn't responsible. Just like in the movie where they said if they can charge one of the mob bosses, they can charge them all because their money is pooled, they could technically charge the Joker for "ordering" and/or planning them. We are talking about a movie there though....

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Same here. I fully intended to purposely notice them, but I failed. I even thought about it once in the middle of the movie, and then promptly forgot.

I have the DVD, not the BD.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The Joker was semi responsible. Of course Dent was responsible for his own actions to a severe degree as well. From Batman's moral standpoint it would be wrong to pin those deeds on the joker, as he was not directly involved in any so called "plan".;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The Joker was semi responsible. Of course Dent was responsible for his own actions to a severe degree as well. From Batman's moral standpoint it would be wrong to pin those deeds on the joker, as he was not directly involved in any so called "plan".;)
That makes perfect sense.

Like the Joker said, Batman is "incorruptible".

Okay, I'm convinced. This is the best movie I've ever seen.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The last dialogue between Batman and Joker pretty much gave away what the third movie will be about.
Okay, I'm going to have to watch it again.:D

But what is the 3rd movie going to be about?:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis