jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Why in the world did he mount the Crossover on the back of the passive radiator? I realize that I'm a complete newb when it comes to speaker building, but that seems so weird. There really wasn't a better place for him to put it?
Other then that it is cool to see small build, wonder if he will design a small subwoofer to pair with it.
I just got my C-Notes delivered so I've got a new project to start pretty quick here

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
They look pretty cool. I'd love to see some off-axis measurements. I'd imagine they would have very wide dispersion.

There is no reason not to mount the crossover on the back of the PR, it is as good of a place as any, if it can be done.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think in the article he said he mounted it there because it makes it easy to remove in one shot due to limited space. Makes sense. Thinking I may pick these up to try out pretty soon. My old bedroom micro system is starting to fail to read CDs and I have a bunch of amps laying around so I could throw together a little system to support, but I need fairly small speakers and these seem like a good option.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@j_garcia
I'd like to hear your thoughts if you do this. I'm looking to do the same. I have 5.1 in my bedroom but I would like more resolution and dispersion. I took my s-38's in there while we're working on the LR for a couple days. It really drove home the point. I'd be driving them with a pioneer 1019ahk. I would like something bigger, but my wife, not so much.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis