Restling

Restling

Audiophyte
Probably been asked a million times, but first time for me.

I have a
yamaha rx-v667 receiver
Klipsch forte - mains
Klipsch center channel
Klipsch smaller rear speakers
Klipsch sub

It is a nice sounding system, but it seems lacking when playing iPod or listening to music. TV shows and movies actually seem better.

I was wondering how to get a "crisper" more powerful sound. Would an amp help, and is it even possible with this system? I'm pretty much a novice so don't assume I know anything.

Thanks

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Assuming you have it set up properly, if you don't like the sound of an iPod, there is a good chance you are not liking the compression that has likely been applied to the music files in it. Excessive compression of the data degrades the sound. So you need to use higher data files, if this is your only problem.

Now, if you don't like the sound of playing CDs, and, again, assuming you have it set up properly, then you simply do not like your speakers with music and should consider replacing them. An amplifier is not going to change the way your system sounds at normal volumes. If you don't like the sound, get better speakers.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Have you refreshed the forte's networks with new caps? Places like this can help ensure you get exactly what you need.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Sounds to me like you don't like how our speakers play music {I personally am not a Klipsch fan}..

How are you hooking the ipod into your system? Amazon.com: Pure i-20 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock: MP3 Players & Accessories this will take the digital signal and use its internal dac to give you decent sound out of an ipod, pad, or phone.. I use one but I use mine to take the digital signal out of the ipod and then feed it to a higher end dac like the d1 Amazon.com: Audioengine D1 24-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter: Computers & Accessories or the emotiva xda2, the results are very good, and noticeable instantly...

Would you consider setting up a music only system? A dock, xda2 dac, amplifier, and pair of decent speakers can be had for around $1000....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Assuming you have it set up properly, if you don't like the sound of an iPod, there is a good chance you are not liking the compression that has likely been applied to the music files in it. Excessive compression of the data degrades the sound. So you need to use higher data files, if this is your only problem.

Now, if you don't like the sound of playing CDs, and, again, assuming you have it set up properly, then you simply do not like your speakers with music and should consider replacing them. An amplifier is not going to change the way your system sounds at normal volumes. If you don't like the sound, get better speakers.
That +100. And you 100% definitely don't need an amp. Klipsch horn speaker are super efficient = aka very easy to drive. you could power them with $20 lepai amp and still be very loud.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis