That Bassline Though

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some old classics with great opening bass lines would be Under Pressure by Queen (Bowie and Freddie M together) or Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey @MrBoat , are you familiar with Kai Eckhardt? He's a pretty melodic bassist, played with quite a few collaborators and his own band Garaj Mahal. Funky, jazzy, he can really slap it.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Hey @MrBoat , are you familiar with Kai Eckhardt? He's a pretty melodic bassist, played with quite a few collaborators and his own band Garaj Mahal. Funky, jazzy, he can really slap it.
Thank you. Will look into it.

Last edited:
H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Saw these guys back in HS at the Arlington Theater in Santa Barbara. Amazing.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
One more. Love this "bass" line, even though it's not a bass and it's not Bootsy, who's on drums.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thought of this thread earlier today when Guns and Roses “civil war" came on. It’s most prominent in the early part of the song. It’s pretty cool, and I like the sound of the bass.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not what you’re thinking of. But you’ll thank me!

Last edited:
M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
It what you’re thinking of. But you’ll thank me!
I swear I came across this song just a week ago. . .it had been attached to some "reels" video on facebook or perhaps a short vid on youtube somewhere so I looked it up. Funny you should coincidentally pick this tune because it is not very common in my music travels.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
A song that's basically strumming two chords and it's the bass which makes it so interesting.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I swear I came across this song just a week ago. . .it had been attached to some "reels" video on facebook or perhaps a short vid on youtube somewhere so I looked it up. Funny you should coincidentally pick this tune because it is not very common in my music travels.
Haha! Yep. I heard it on a YouTube short, and immediately went to find it. I just had to show it to my 16yo daughter cause I knew she’d love it. She laughed and said, “oh yeah, that’s on tik tok” lmao!!! Really cool song.
It reminds me of the theme song for Vikings.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
All of Geddy Lee’s bass on the 40th anniversary edition of
IMG_3774.jpeg
Moving Pictures but especially on Tom Sawyer. It’s been played so many times but the bass is sublime. The combination of electric guitar, the bass and Neil Pert’s drums is one of the reasons to have a great sound system.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja

This led me to a Steve Vai marathon based on the song "Blue Powder" that just jumped in my head, somehow.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis