B

bsk116

Audioholic Intern
I'm starting a new post to see if my "posts count" is still stuck on 9. I would like to post my used AVR for sale in the classifieds section, but as you know, I need 25 posts first.
Thanks for your patience.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
11 posts since 2006. Thanks for hanging around every once in awhile, and getting involved. :rolleyes:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Posting randomly just to increase your post count to 25 so you can advertise something on the site? :confused:

I would suggest trying this:

http://www.ebay.com/

Oh, and what Mazer said... :)

B

bsk116

Audioholic Intern
Posting randomly just to increase your post count to 25 so you can advertise something on the site? :confused:

I would suggest trying this:

http://www.ebay.com/

Oh, and what Mazer said... :)
Thanks for the laughs, I will admit I'm not a fast typer and I have been a lurker:eek: on this forum. I have sold items on FEEbay before but I think I will have better luck here versus the other, plus it's free!
Keep the jokes coming so I can reply and build up my post count:D

B

bsk116

Audioholic Intern
Oh what the heck, I will be a thread hog today.
Have any of you 1800 owners had any heat related issues when listening at high volumes for an extended period of time?

Last edited:
Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Oh what the heck, I will be a thread hog today.
Have any of you 1800 owners had any heat related issues when listening at high volumes for an extended period of time?

Cause of heat (in simple math):

Extended period of time + trying sell
low post count

+ posting it on steam vent x get flamed
= HEAT :D

majorloser

majorloser

You do realize that once you get even close to 25 posts, a moderator will delete all of these "fluff" posts that were made just to built up a post count?

We have no lives and nothing better to do around here.

B

bsk116

Audioholic Intern
I assume he is talking about heat related issues with his receiver (that he is trying to sell:confused:.)
My bad, I should have mentioned that I am very pleased with my new (4 weeks old) Yamaha 1800. The reason I asked about the heat was my experience last week when I was listening to a "Deep Purple live at Montreux" at a relatively loud volume for approximately 45 minutes, when I placed my hand the top of the Yammy It was VERY hot. It did not shut down but I was very surprised at how hot it was.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hot as opposed to what? My PM7200 in class A mode can heat up my room :) If it isn't shutting down or sounding distorted then it isn't an issue. The amount of power you use is related to the speaker sensitivity, the room size and how loud you listen, and obviously length of time you are listening.

B

bsk116

Audioholic Intern
Hot as opposed to what? My PM7200 in class A mode can heat up my room :) If it isn't shutting down or sounding distorted then it isn't an issue. The amount of power you use is related to the speaker sensitivity, the room size and how loud you listen, and obviously length of time you are listening.
I am in no way concerned about the yamys reliability, I was not even close to clipping, (speakers 92db sensitivity) I was just very surprised when I touched the top of the receiver, It was burn hot. Also the unit has plenty of ventilation.
I agree with you, there is no issue, the unit works fine:D, was only asking if other 1800 owners noticed this.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I am in no way concerned about the yamys reliability, I was not even close to clipping, (speakers 92db sensitivity) I was just very surprised when I touched the top of the receiver, It was burn hot. Also the unit has plenty of ventilation.
I agree with you, there is no issue, the unit works fine:D, was only asking if other 1800 owners noticed this.
How loud and how long were you listening for to get it that hot?

B

bsk116

Audioholic Intern
How loud and how long were you listening for to get it that hot?
The running time of the Blu-ray Disc says 186 minutes and I did not finish it, but I would guess more than two hours. As far as volume, I did not note the numerical value but I'm guessing slightly less than half volume.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis