T

tonedeaf

Audioholic
Why do receivers have test tones available when Audessey recommends not to run test tones using a meter after running Audessey. They say the pink noise is not analyzed by Audessey filters thereby defeating the purpose of using Audessey.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
More about if you want to set it up manually, i.e. without Audyssey....why would you want pink noise to be "eq'd" particularly?

T

tonedeaf

Audioholic
More about if you want to set it up manually, i.e. without Audyssey....why would you want pink noise to be "eq'd" particularly?
I was running Audessey, then using an SPL meter with the test tone function to set each speaker which Audessey says you should not do.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was running Audessey, then using an SPL meter with the test tone function to set each speaker which Audessey says you should not do.
Do you not trust Audyssey or..? I don't understand why you're doing it. Audyssey has always done a good job for me. Are you changing distances too? Those won't always match with actual measured distance because it's more about delay and timing. Especially with subwoofers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Then why do it? What was wrong with the Audyssey results particularly?

T

tonedeaf

Audioholic
Do you not trust Audyssey or..? I don't understand why you're doing it. Audyssey has always done a good job for me. Are you changing distances too? Those won't always match with actual measured distance because it's more about delay and timing. Especially with subwoofers.
I do not change the distances. I use a tape measure to make sure my three main speakers are the exact same distance from the mic. Audyssey gets the L and R exact and the center just a bit further. I was doing both Audyssey and level matching because of a few you tube videos I watched.

T

tonedeaf

Audioholic
Then why do it? What was wrong with the Audyssey results particularly?
Nothing, now that I stopped level matching after running Audeyssey. :) Just a tad embarrassed that it took me so long to find the article.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis