Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
Any of you out there watch this last night?

I did, and was quite surprised. It didn't totally suck!!:D. I actually thought it was pretty good. Yeah some parts were pretty hokey, like when the bad terminator shot at Sarah and she avoided the shots by using an old recliner which amazingly was bullet proof, but overall I thought it was good and would definitely watch it again.

The good terminator was pretty cute as well, but I cannot get over that absolutely blank look she had on her face sometimes. I know they are robots, but still.

Any other comments?

Cheers
Michael

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
I enjoyed it as well. I thought it was going to be cheesy, but it was ok.

And the "good" terminator chick...she was the sister/***-kicker in the Firefly series and their movie, Serenity. I highly recommend both. Excellent entertainment, imo. I can't believe they were cancelled so quickly. It was a truly great show.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I recorded it last night and have the series set to record, so yes..... I'll be watching it before too long.

PS...yes, I really liked that girl in Firefly too! I liked her better in the movie when she really cut loose:D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan

I did, and was quite surprised. It didn't totally suck!!:D. I actually thought it was pretty good. Yeah some parts were pretty hokey, like when the bad terminator shot at Sarah and she avoided the shots by using an old recliner which amazingly was bullet proof, but overall I thought it was good and would definitely watch it again.

The good terminator was pretty cute as well, but I cannot get over that absolutely blank look she had on her face sometimes. I know they are robots, but still.

Any other comments?

Cheers
Michael
It didn't totally suck, but it wasn't too good either. I'm so sick of them portraying John Connor as a weenie. "You lead the resistance mom, that's not me." Sack up and shut your pie hole you big baby.

By the way, the cop said that the chair had Kevlar in it. So I guess Sarah did that purposely, just in case someone shot at her while she was sitting in her favorite chair. :rolleyes: In the words of Foghorn Leghorn, "Luckily I keep my feathers numbered, for just such an emergency."

I'll give it another couple of episodes, but it's prognosis doesn't look too good.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
And the "good" terminator chick...she was the sister/***-kicker in the Firefly series and their movie, Serenity. I highly recommend both. Excellent entertainment, imo. I can't believe they were cancelled so quickly. It was a truly great show.
Same thing with Threshold. I thought that show was pretty good and had some good potential. They cancel Threshold, but The Ghost Whisperer is still on? Gimme a break.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Summer Glau is the the woman from the series 'Firefly' and the Movie 'Serenity'.

I would gladly trade this current series in for another season of Firefly. How Sci-Fi channel could muck up Firefly so badly is beyond me.

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
By the way, the cop said that the chair had Kevlar in it.
Good catch. I must have missed that part.

I thought it was a good start. When I saw the ad for it, I expected a really bad show made from a movie but in the end it had lots of action and another terminator I wouldn't kick out of bed for eating crackers :rolleyes:

Cheers
Michael

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
I agree with Darien. The mom is a bit too annoying for my tastes, and not badass like in the movies. I dunno, I wasn't v. impressed.

annunaki

annunaki

I think the storyline has potential. At the end, I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I thought it was alright for a tv series. Sure there were some parts that were not too good but was series doesn't have those moments?

I am interested in knowing more about the engineer sent back to build the stuff left in the bank depository.

Why did they go to 2007? They will not get back unless there is another time machine they can find (or find the one they used, which I am sure is in a government lab).

They cannot stop Skynet in 2007, it will be too far along. They also cannot keep finding out who builds it and killing them as they will, in effect, become terminators as well. A bit of irony maybe.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
And the "good" terminator chick...she was the sister/***-kicker in the Firefly series and their movie, Serenity. .
Yes, and she had the same looks in those too.:D I wonder if she is like that in real life as well if she carries those traits with her like this.:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I am interested in knowing more about the engineer sent back to build the stuff left in the bank depository.

Why did they go to 2007? They will not get back unless there is another time machine they can find (or find the one they used, which I am sure is in a government lab).

They cannot stop Skynet in 2007, it will be too far along. They also cannot keep finding out who builds it and killing them as they will, in effect, become terminators as well. A bit of irony maybe.
Yep, I wonder where the engineers got the parts from in the 60s to build what they did since nothing came back with them:D

Skynet is on because that terminator in 1999 was not destroyed and his parts are what continued it or restarted it. 2007 is so we can relate to it taking place now:D

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
The only thing that could have been brought back with them was the knowledge on how to build it and any parts they needed to get it to a done build. Problem would be that the technology would not have existed to build what they needed so they would have to build that as well.

Could have worked I guess, given enough time they could get it done, maybe.

Think I might have to check out FireFly. Sounds good and seems to get good reviews from those around here.

I am going to say that those looks are acting as they appear way to much like there is just nothing going on upstairs at all :D. Nothing, not even a hint of a thought.

Yeah, the storyline grabbed me a bit as well. Right after the show I put a reminder flag on the digital cable box for the episode tonight. Hope it is good.

Cheers
Michael

annunaki

annunaki

Yep, I wonder where the engineers got the parts from in the 60s to build what they did since nothing came back with them:D

Skynet is on because that terminator in 1999 was not destroyed and his parts are what continued it or restarted it. 2007 is so we can relate to it taking place now:D
That is a great call. The gun she used would/should be there as well.

What I always thought was that it was started from the arm of the Arnold Terminator torn off in one of the gears of a large machine in the foundry, in the 2nd movie (towards the end).

Other than that I feel you are spot on. They in effect created Skynet. :eek: Waaa...Waaa...Waaaaaaa

annunaki

annunaki

The only thing that could have been brought back with them was the knowledge on how to build it and any parts they needed to get it to a done build. Problem would be that the technology would not have existed to build what they needed so they would have to build that as well.

Could have worked I guess, given enough time they could get it done, maybe.

Think I might have to check out FireFly. Sounds good and seems to get good reviews from those around here.

I am going to say that those looks are acting as they appear way to much like there is just nothing going on upstairs at all :D. Nothing, not even a hint of a thought.

Yeah, the storyline grabbed me a bit as well. Right after the show I put a reminder flag on the digital cable box for the episode tonight. Hope it is good.

Cheers
Michael
There is another episode on tonight! :eek:

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
There is another episode on tonight! :eek:
Yup, tonight at 10pm for me (I am Mountain Standard Time) on CTV (Canadian station but I believe it is on Fox in the States)

Looking forward to it

Cheers
Michael

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
I was surprised by just how much I enjoyed it. Yeah, John's kinda weeny, but there were some great action moments. Watching the "teacher" cut into his leg to get his gun, and watching him go after John was awesome! Despite a few little things that distracted only mildly, I found the show quite exciting. I can't wait to see what happens next.

And yes, Firefly is truly a great show. In fact, I consider it the best sci-fi show of all time. :) Hugely recommended.

cheers,
supervij

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic

Any other comments?

Cheers
Michael

Her blank expression as the Terminator was perfected in her work as Summer in Firefly. She played a very similar character in many respects. She was the Female super-hero of sorts. In Firefly, she had undergone batteries of government tinkering that made her a few marbles short of a full bag. She often had to play the character of Summer as very cryptic emotionally and physically. You always were never sure what Summer would do in a given circumstance.

Now look at the Terminator, a machine without emotion and only basic understanding of human nuances. If you recall in T2, Arnold in the beginning was nearly exactly the same, except he had a sort of permanent menacing look about him. In the shows rendition, they've sent back a terminator with the looks of a girl about John's age, so she can always be near to him. Similarly she has yet to learn many of the nuances of expressions and figures of speech. You might have noticed that in last nights episode they threw in the occassional moment wherein she learns to be more humanlike.

All in all though, im not a particular fan of the show. Its another one of the signs and symptoms of hollywood selling out original ideas like Firefly to well established box office hits like Terminator. The show will do reasonably well I'd imagine to begin with while it coasts on the shirt-tails of its mega-hit predecessor movies (excepting the 3rd... what garbage that was). Yet I think its days are numbered for a good many reasons. Similar to the Prison Break show, how many times can you beat out good content with such a narrow and specific theme. I mean, how many foiled attempts at killing John will people watch before they're bored of the whole concept. Shows like this put a life-span on themselves because the direction of the show is very specific.

All that said, I found myself entertained by the couple of episodes I've seen now, it'll be interesting to see when my interest completely wanes.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
you want new content? what about John Connors boinking the Female Terminator. heehee :) that'd be fun to watch.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
and did you guys notice that the actress who played Sarah Connor was the Queen in the movie 300? (I didn't til I looked at imdb)

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
you want new content? what about John Connors boinking the Female Terminator. heehee :) that'd be fun to watch.
lol.

Honestly though, how could the John Connor from the future send back a hot terminator and not expect himself to try and get a piece. Were you him, can you honestly say you wouldn't add some extra parameters to its programming? ;) :D I know I would... its tough on a young man meeting women when your always on the run...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis