Temporary Retirement from AH

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I have returned, my "months" projection was way off. My biggest problem is gone.:)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I have returned, my "months" projection was way off. My biggest problem is gone.:)
Well, that's just not right. You weren't gone long enough to have been missed.:p We ought to be able to can all the goodbye wishes spent on you in this thread to spread some Christmas Cheer! Good to hear your "stint" is not in the way. Welcome you back Seth!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Well I figure I owe it to you guys to spill the beans. I was distracted from my school work and was near failing. I attempted to revive my grades, but spent long nights working on late school work only to realize that my efforts where futile. I wasted a few months (I still have my associates degree to work with) going for my bachelors degree. Now that I am finished with school, at least for the year cycle, there is no reason for me not to return to the forum, though probably on a less frequent basis.

I agree that this thread is stupid, and if I had known that I was going to fail my courses I would not have wasted my time with it. I have seen other members dissapear for what seemed to be no reason, at least for a time, and saw other members ask "where did "genericname89" go?" and I didn't want to leave anyone that was curious about my dissapearance left hanging. Of course by starting a farewell thread I was naturally interested in where it was going and had the urge to reply.

If the proprieters of this forum wish this thread dissapear I will have no objection, as it has clearly run it's course and no longer has any purpose. No sense in racking up a post count for no reason right?:D

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Well I figure I owe it to you guys to spill the beans. I was distracted from my school work and was near failing. I attempted to revive my grades, but spent long nights working on late school work only to realize that my efforts where futile. I wasted a few months (I still have my associates degree to work with) going for my bachelors degree. Now that I am finished with school, at least for the year cycle, there is no reason for me not to return to the forum, though probably on a less frequent basis.

I agree that this thread is stupid, and if I had known that I was going to fail my courses I would not have wasted my time with it. I have seen other members dissapear for what seemed to be no reason, at least for a time, and saw other members ask "where did "genericname89" go?" and I didn't want to leave anyone that was curious about my dissapearance left hanging. Of course by starting a farewell thread I was naturally interested in where it was going and had the urge to reply.

If the proprieters of this forum wish this thread dissapear I will have no objection, as it has clearly run it's course and no longer has any purpose. No sense in racking up a post count for no reason right?:D

Hopefully the time wasn't completely wasted. My brother is in a similar situation- his first couple semesters he did okay, but this last semester he had a lot of personal issues/distractions to deal with, including work. He ended up pretty much screwing the pooch- failing a couple and dropping the rest. But he's optimistic about it; he thinks they'll be much easier when he retakes them since the material will be familiar. Plus he's gotten himself into a good space, life-wise, to succeed in school.

I'm going into the same program in January. I'll start out in Network Admin, but will decide which degree to go for after my first year (all the computer stuff at the school has the same first year). It's a big change for me since I haven't taken classes in years. I've loved being a chef, but a variety of things has led me to make a change in my life. To be honest I'm a bit nervous...not about school, that will be the easy part. It's the idea of starting over in a new field. I'm almost 40 after all- being a chef is pretty much all I know. Aside from a stint at a bank I've never really done anything else. But I want to try something else while I'm young enough to do it, and I can always fall back on cooking if need be.

Anyways, back to our regulary scheduled programming! Glad your back, Seth!:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Does this mean you have to give back all the going away presents?:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
At your age, failing a class is not your biggest problem, chasing girls and "keeping it in your pants" probably is.:D

Just buckle down next semester and check your priorities; there is no need to do anything drastic just screw the old head on and keep a balance in your life.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I hope Audioholics wasn't your problem.:confused:
The problem wasn't Audioholics. The problem was YOU.

Stratman--Seth what is this button on this receiver?

Seth--Stratman that is the power button. :rolleyes:

And they say,

Oops I mean

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Let me be the one to say it... Mazer, what did that post mean?:confused::D

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Let me be the one to say it... Mazer, what did that post mean?:confused::D
He was implying that the power was always in your hands and that you could stop coming here anytime you wanted if you really tried ;).

Just make sure you don't get too sucked in on your sites and forget about those things we chatted about on aim :mad:.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
He was implying that the power was always in your hands and that you could stop coming here anytime you wanted if you really tried ;).

Just make sure you don't get too sucked in on your sites and forget about those things we chatted about on aim :mad:.
Angry frowns to you as well.:mad:

j/k

I get that, but the Stratman part I am lost on.:eek:

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I agree that this thread is stupid, and if I had known that I was going to fail my courses I would not have wasted my time with it.
Spending time and effort on your education is not a waste of time. If you are failing your classes, you are best served by redirecting your energies there on a more permanent basis and continue your "retirement" in the new year. There are only a very few things in a young persons life that are worth sacrificing a proper education for. Audioholics is not one of them.

Welcome back, but please come here at the end of the next semester and tell us that you have aced your classes and accepted a career position in the field of your choice.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Spending time and effort on your education is not a waste of time. If you are failing your classes, you are best served by redirecting your energies there on a more permanent basis and continue your "retirement" in the new year. There are only a very few things in a young persons life that are worth sacrificing a proper education for. Audioholics is not one of them.

Welcome back, but please come here at the end of the next semester and tell us that you have aced your classes and accepted a career position in the field of your choice.
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear about the extent of damage done. I have been expelled. I can write an appeal and possibly re-enroll in November of next year. It is a long ways away.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear about the extent of damage done. I have been expelled. I can write an appeal and possibly re-enroll in November of next year. It is a long ways away.
That's not good. I'm sorry to hear that. It is correctable so don't stop your efforts at getting your education. Seriously, it took me 10 years to finish my degrees with a mix of part-time and full-time classes depending on my circumstances at any given time. My first 9 years was just to get an honors BA. Young people are prone to doing silly things that set them back for a time. In my case, I knocked up my girlfriend at 19, married her and spent my 20's working crap jobs to raise the kids and taking classes part time. I never did get a career in my field, but I'm doing quite well, nonetheless.

Take this opportunity to make some money and save, save, save. Reconsider what you really want to do as a career and apply your money and energy to pursuing an education in a career doing something you love. The school may have given you a holiday, but you could consider it a much needed opportunity, a chance to focus and move in a direction that will make you happy.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry to hear that seth. Ditto to what Dave wrote about youth and focus. Best of luck in the appeal and your future semesters.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis