Taking back Yami 2700 for Pioneer Blue ray

R

RainMan

Junior Audioholic
Anyone know if a person should take a chance of jumping on the Blue Ray band wagon?
I think it's to early myself ,I am sure HD will win right after I buy the dang player to boot!
I love Pioneer though after seeing how well it's tracking is on DVD's compared to my Yamaha 2700 player . What a piece of crap it turned out to be . Not only does it and another one I tried ,have issues with some burnt disc's ,but to top it off it has problem's with freezing on DVD's with the smallest of scuff mark's .I don't think I can even rent a movie now ,as the other night I tried to watch a movie that had an extremely superficial scuff mark on it ,which made the player freeze up and digitize on some seen's . When I tried the same movie in my Pioneer player,it had no issues at all ?
What a sad little bit of engineering this player is .
Anyway's I may be able to take it back tommorow,and was debating to pay even more money to get Pioneer's Blue Ray . Anyone have any opinion's on this .
I just hope Sony doesn't screw this up (again) ,and HD becomes the only format in the future

stacker45

Enthusiast
RainMan said:
Anyone know if a person should take a chance of jumping on the Blue Ray band wagon?
I think it's to early myself ,I am sure HD will win right after I buy the dang player to boot!
I love Pioneer though after seeing how well it's tracking is on DVD's compared to my Yamaha 2700 player . What a piece of crap it turned out to be . Not only does it and another one I tried ,have issues with some burnt disc's ,but to top it off it has problem's with freezing on DVD's with the smallest of scuff mark's .I don't think I can even rent a movie now ,as the other night I tried to watch a movie that had an extremely superficial scuff mark on it ,which made the player freeze up and digitize on some seen's . When I tried the same movie in my Pioneer player,it had no issues at all ?
What a sad little bit of engineering this player is .
Anyway's I may be able to take it back tommorow,and was debating to pay even more money to get Pioneer's Blue Ray . Anyone have any opinion's on this .
I just hope Sony doesn't screw this up (again) ,and HD becomes the only format in the future
RAINMAN,before you decide on a new player,it might be a good idea to take a troublesome dvd with you and try it in a few players

R

RainMan

Junior Audioholic
stacker45 said:
RAINMAN,before you decide on a new player,it might be a good idea to take a troublesome dvd with you and try it in a few players
I know I could kick myself for not doing that !
This mistake will never happen again ,I will do my homework a little better next time .
As of today I am pretty much stuck with the Yami. They won't be getting a cent out of me again though
Thank's for the reply

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis