trident922

Audiophyte
This is my system I put together :
Denon 2805
Main speakers Wharfdale Valdus 500
Surrounds and Center Infinity primus
Subs Velodyne CT120 Yamaha ystsw60
Monster Power HTS1000
The question is would I be able to use both subs and if so how to set the crossover. Would it also mess with the auto setup. :)

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
IMHO using both subs is not a good idea. Having two different speakers doing the same thing is not a good idea. Sort of like having a JBL for the left main and a Polk Audio for the right main. Either one can be very good when paired properly but not when mixed. :cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
trident922 said:
This is my system I put together :
Denon 2805
Main speakers Wharfdale Valdus 500
Surrounds and Center Infinity primus
Subs Velodyne CT120 Yamaha ystsw60
Monster Power HTS1000
The question is would I be able to use both subs and if so how to set the crossover. Would it also mess with the auto setup. :)

Nothing will be lost or damaged to try the two subs, even if different. Switch it in, then out, see if it makes a difference to you. Best if both are in the same corner.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Never thought it could harm anything. Although I wonder how the auto setup would work (what the results would be) with both connected simultaneously. Placing both in the same corner could lead to some interesting cancellations and reinforcements. :cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
JoeE SP9 said:
Placing both in the same corner could lead to some interesting cancellations and reinforcements. :cool:

Not according to published papers on this. Tom Nousaine actually recommends this approach over multiple corners.

dsa220

dsa220

Junior Audioholic
Depends on how you plan on using the two different subs. I have two subs from two different manufactures (REL and AudioSource). I use the REL to augment my B&W's and use the AudioSource as my LFE sub, this way when I listen to 2-channel audio I have good, clean and deep bass without the boom or bloom; and then when I watch a movie I have that extra punch that can be required with certain movies. Give it a try, you may like what you hear.

T

trident922

Audiophyte
I just fininished watching phantom menace and I am amazed how much better the denon sounds over my sony.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis