SW CrossOver Frequency Function

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
GUI, what does that mean ? anyway, yes, that looks very nice. the pioneer looks like poo, but works very well.

i would plug the sub into one of the front main preouts, to see if that make sound. this will isolate either the sub or receiver.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
A setting like that is probably the culprit. Most receivers allow you to individually set each speaker to 'on' or 'off' so that if you set the left/right/center/left surround/right surround to 'on' and subwoofer to 'off' you'd have a 5.0 configuration.

3/4.1 would mean 7 channels plus a subwoofer. The setting you'd need would be 3/2.1.
I would think that it is most likely a setting such that the subwoofer is shut off in the receiver, as you mention. Basically, if one has the subwoofer setting (in the receiver) to "off" or "none", it isn't going to matter what crossover frequency one selects, or whether the main speakers are set to "small" or "large", as one will get nothing from the subwoofer with it set to "off" or "none".

The auto calibration of the receiver should detect things, but if one has tried that and one still is getting no sound from the subwoofer, one should go into the manual settings. Unfortunately, the manual is not overly clear about the settings for turning speakers on and off, so it would be easier to be looking at the manual and the receiver at the same time.

As for someone's comment that the GUI (graphical user interface) is nice, it is pretty, but it does not seem to be overly clear in meaning, which makes it bad, in my opinion. I like intelligible over beauty in a GUI.

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
I don't know if this would make any difference or not...

but for what it is worth I just found out that I have been playing around with a crossover built into my sub for the past few months since I have had the thing thinking I am making all kinds of adjustments... TURNS OUT that when the LFE (line in) connection is used (which is the preferred connection on my sub), that it actually bypasses the subs built in crossover!!! Could there be something bypassed on your sub that is not quite set up right with your reciever to make the two play nice together???

... and here I am, the drunkest guy at the party who turns out to have been drinking non-alcoholic beer all night... Who knew!!!:cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis