M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Many months ago I bought the SB12-Plus and the box has been sitting in the garage ever since. So today I decided to break down all the other cardboard boxes I have for recycling (we have to bundle them in 2' x 2' squares).

I'm keeping the SVS box but I went to close it up so I can stick it in the attic and noticed a little box buried underneath the styrofoam inside. It is a Radio Shack analog SPL meter. I never noticed it before and I didn't even know an SPL meter was included with the sub purchase.

So now I have both analog and digital SPL meters.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Many months ago I bought the SB12-Plus and the box has been sitting in the garage ever since. So today I decided to break down all the other cardboard boxes I have for recycling (we have to bundle them in 2' x 2' squares).

I'm keeping the SVS box but I went to close it up so I can stick it in the attic and noticed a little box buried underneath the styrofoam inside. It is a Radio Shack analog SPL meter. I never noticed it before and I didn't even know an SPL meter was included with the sub purchase.

So now I have both analog and digital SPL meters.
That is a good surprise indeed. Perhaps they should be notified that its presence in the box should be better advertised to the customer? Wonder how many are overlooked?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hee, hee. I'm all giddy with excitement about finding an unexpected surprise, and it didn't even happen to me. Excellent score, my friend. Christmas came early this year...or, well, late because you didn't notice it back then.

I'm glad that it was a good "SVS Suprise." I was hoping that you didn't say something like, "my amp stopped working today" when I saw the thread title.

[Heads out to scour through his own sub box...]

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I know I do not have any surprises in my Axiom, AV123 and Denon boxes but for the life of me I cannot throw them out. They are stored away, serve no use and take up space but every once in a while I like to just look at them:eek:. It is wierd I know:eek:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, but it's our kind of weird. :)
How many of you have kept your united states postal service priority mail box from Blue Jeans:eek:. I still have not even thrown them out:eek: I am not much of a hoarder but when it comes to Audio/Video boxes I am guilty as hell.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How many of you have kept your united states postal service priority mail box from Blue Jeans:eek:.
Okay, you win. You're a freak. :D

Wanna play battle of the pack rats? I'm guessing that we have a few of them on this site. Perhaps not my best example, but the one that comes to mind is this: I still have a clump of dog hair that I picked up at one of my dad's friends homes back when I was probably five years old (so, thirty years ago). I believe that the dog's name was Winterhawk. I only met the dog once for probably less than five minutes.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Wanna play battle of the pack rats? I'm guessing that we have a few of them on this site. Perhaps not my best example, but the one that comes to mind is this: I still have a clump of dog hair that I picked up at one of my dad's friends homes back when I was probably five years old (so, thirty years ago). I believe that the dog's name was Winterhawk. I only met the dog once for probably less than five minutes.
Speak for yourself:):D.:D:). I can just imagine what other people have hoarded in their lives.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Was it a surprise or a mistake it was in the box? :eek:

It wasn't in my box and I need a meter. :(

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
SVS did have some kind of deal awhile ago where you got an SPL meter if you bought a sub but I didn't think my purchase was eligible for that deal when I bought it. I wasn't expecting one and that's probably why I overlooked it.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I know I do not have any surprises in my Axiom, AV123 and Denon boxes but for the life of me I cannot throw them out. They are stored away, serve no use and take up space but every once in a while I like to just look at them:eek:. It is wierd I know:eek:

Not really. I have two closets completely stuffed with speaker,amplifier,cd player etc boxes. I never throw out the boxes for my stuff. For one, I know i'll be moving at one point so i will need them. And if i ever want to sell it I'll need the box.

Plus if anything ever needs repair. Need it. ;)

Your not weird. :D

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
MDS, that's like finding the surprise $20 bill in some old pant pockets. :D

Im not so sure of that anymore, lol. Winterhawk, eh?

Mazer, meet MDS. MDS, meet Mazer.
How many woodchucks....

MDS with a meter meets mazer who needs a meter, so they meet for a meter, says mazer without the meter.... :p :confused:

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
How many of you have kept your united states postal service priority mail box from Blue Jeans:eek:. I still have not even thrown them out:eek: I am not much of a hoarder but when it comes to Audio/Video boxes I am guilty as hell.
Me to I still have my Blue Jeans priority mail boxes why I dont know either lol and all of my audio/video boxes . Guess I too am a AUDIO BOX -AHOLIC and proud of it :D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
were you charged for the meter? I don't think they normally include meters unless you buy them.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I got a new SPL meter with a couple of my subs, and with my SVS speakers.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I wasn't charged extra for the meter and it wasn't listed on the shipping invoice either. If you go to the SVS site and click on the news link, it shows the deal for a free meter if you buy a sub before 12/31/07. I bought mine right at Thanksgiving so I guess I was eligible for the free meter deal.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't get one with mine, but I already had one... still would be nice to have an extra one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis