SVS SB13-Ultra Subwoofer Review

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I just noticed that it appears ricci forgot to put the SB13 measurements on data-bass D:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The RBH SX1212 measurements are not up on data-bass either.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
The RBH SX1212 measurements are not up on data-bass either.
Hum...I must have missed it but how does the XS1212 relate to someone asking about the SB13U & XS30se?

Fwiw...the XS30 I think as been tested by JR...results will soon be forthcoming. I bet there is a few more subs missing from the DB list.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Wow, no need to get defensive, I only noted the RBH is not there to say there is a delay from the time these subs get reviewed for Audioholics to the time the measurements get posted at data-bass.

Whew, rough crowd!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Defensive...Shady it was a simple observation. Well...if JR solely reviewed subs for AH....results for xs1212...I assume would have been posted already. Another review I am eagerly awaiting is the RA BSP 215...I believe that audioholics has previewed this sub as well.

W

wlmmn

Junior Audioholic
Would this be an upgrade to my Emotiva Ultra 12? I like my Emotiva but sometimes wish the bass were a bit more defined.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Does a bear %$^& in the woods? I've owned both of those subs and it's no contest - the SVS wins in a landslide.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, no need to get defensive, I only noted the RBH is not there to say there is a delay from the time these subs get reviewed for Audioholics to the time the measurements get posted at data-bass.

Whew, rough crowd!
No worries. This is all very informal friendly chit-chat. Everyone relax. :D

Yeah, I always assumed all the Audioholics sub measurements would be on DB concurrently too, especially the RBH SX-1212. I guess we are spoiled. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Would this be an upgrade to my Emotiva Ultra 12? I like my Emotiva but sometimes wish the bass were a bit more defined.
How do you define "more defined" ? :D

I think sometimes it may not be the sub's fault. For example, something like Audyssey Dynamic EQ or Dolby Volume Modeler or some Subwoofer EQ may turn your "less defined" subwoofer bass into "more defined" bass.

Of course, other times it may just be the sub's fault. :D

W

wlmmn

Junior Audioholic
Without getting too bogged down in semantics, let's just say I like my sub but I'm sure there's better subs out there that have more punch and detail and not quite as woofy (not that the Emotiva's bad per se, but I'm sure you know about the upgrade bug people get). And yes I'm tuned my room and considered placement as much as I can with my living space situation. I don't have any Audyssey EQ set at all, all manual setup using my senses through my live sound engineering days and various articles here on Audioholics and others.

N

nickboros

Audioholic
Fwiw...the XS30 I think as been tested by JR...results will soon be forthcoming. I bet there is a few more subs missing from the DB list.
That is very exciting! I've been looking really hard at the XS30. Also, some of sealed Rythmiks. Hopefully like you say Josh can do his usual very thorough review of the XS30, to help narrow down my decision in the future.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis