SVS PC12-NSD or SVS PB12-NSD

D

Dizastical

Audioholic Intern
I have been searching on this forum and reading for days about subs. I have it narrowed down to these two. My room is 15x18 with a cathedral ceiling and a back that opens up into the kitchen area. I have no way to hear SVS subs at a local dealer so I really need help here. Seems like the new PC12-NSD goes down very low but doesnt seems as flat throughout the range like the PB-12. I know alot of people have experience with the PB-12 and love it. Im torn between the two and really need some help. Thanks in advance!

Dave

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the difference between the two shouldn't be audible. but if you have the space for the box, get the box model.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Just from my limited experience with Cylinder and Sub models, the Boxes produce more tactile feedback if your sub is nearfield.

E

EJD

Junior Audioholic
Performance difference will be minimal. Go with what fits your room best from a visual/location perspective.

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
I would have to agree with what has been said....I have had both cylinder and box subs from SVS and if your room can fit the box---go for it---otherwise the difference between it and the cylinder version will be barely audible....

D

Dizastical

Audioholic Intern
Thanks guys. I decided to go with the PC12-NSD. I like how low it hits and it will fit nicely next to my monitor 11s. Ill let you know how it sounds later in the week.

Dave

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
Great choice man....my PC16-46+ was quite a beast while I had it...ENJOY!!! :D

WooHoo

WooHoo

Audioholic
Me Too!

Wow. I bought the same PC12-NSD about an hour before your post! The PC gave me better location options than the PB did and the folks at SVS (Great customer service from Ron and the gang) helped me through two days of emails and questions. The NSD's are now shipping with an aluminum cone too! Can't wait.:D:D:D:D

D

Dizastical

Audioholic Intern
I didnt know about the aluminum cone! I cant wait to get it in. I hope to have it by friday so I can set it up over the weekend. Im just not sure how fast their shipping is to Maine?

Dave

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I didnt know about the aluminum cone! I cant wait to get it in. I hope to have it by friday so I can set it up over the weekend. Im just not sure how fast their shipping is to Maine?

Dave
ETA should be posted on the tracking page of UPS.

WooHoo

WooHoo

Audioholic
Read about the NSD-AL cone here:

http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-cyl-pc12_nsd.cfm

They "borrowed" the upgrade from the 12.3 driver that is used on the Plus subs. I was told that the PB12-NSD is shipping with the new cone too, but the website is not yet updated. See pic below that was sent to me.

Two days transit to Memphis, so if they ship tomorrow, I'll have it by day's end on Wednesday. May have to call in sick on Thursday:rolleyes:

Attachments

K

Kong911

Enthusiast
Just got my PB12-NSD last night...I haven't heard any bass that awesome ever...Highly recommended..but depends on aesthetic factor. But the Box have my vote.

WooHoo

WooHoo

Audioholic
Just got my PB12-NSD last night...I haven't heard any bass that awesome ever...Highly recommended..but depends on aesthetic factor. But the Box have my vote.

Congrats Kong911. I got my PC12-NSD yesterday as well. Time to start my movie and music collection at "a" and work up to "z" all over again. Anyone on this forum that has been pushing SVS over other subs has been spot on. I'll give it more time like anything else but the initial WOW factor with this sub is more than awesome. Well, time to go scare the dogs!:eek::D

K

Kong911

Enthusiast
Congrats Kong911. I got my PC12-NSD yesterday as well. Time to start my movie and music collection at "a" and work up to "z" all over again. Anyone on this forum that has been pushing SVS over other subs has been spot on. I'll give it more time like anything else but the initial WOW factor with this sub is more than awesome. Well, time to go scare the dogs!:eek::D
I guess my congrats to you too. Have fun tweaking!!:)

M

minuccims

Audiophyte
Received my PC12-NSD right after Thanksgiving; arriving quickly after purchase. I'm a new sub owner, so all I can contribute as a newbi is a jaw dropping WOW! Started looking last March for a for a sub. All paths kept leading to SVS. The forums recommend sending room dimensions to SVS, so I gave it a shot. From that point on, I have been impressed by SVS customer service (Ed was tremendous, answering all questions). Based on my room dimensions and placement challenges, the SVS recommendations was the 20-39PCi. However I ended up waiting for the PC12-NSD – and very satisfied with this choice. My decision was based on observations that SVS has a history of making performance tweaks to their products.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis