SVS Customer Service Rocks

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
One of my pair of SVS PC-2000 Pros stopped powering on. I trouble shot and discovered the power cord died.

Wrote SVS tech support using their web form to explain situation and ask for help.

In less than 12 hrs they wrote back and are sending new cord, no muss, no fuss.

Rare to find such responsive CS these days, kudos and thanks!
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Correspondence below:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
How did the power cord fail?
Unknown, but I think it developed an internal short which caused the Panamax to shutdown that bank of outlets.

Was not recently moved, no visible pinch point, not reconnected or anything.

I do feel lucky nothing was damaged and the protection feature on a nearly 20 year old piece of kit did its job!
Weird huh.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Unknown, but I think it developed an internal short which caused the Panamax to shutdown that bank of outlets.

Was not recently moved, no visible pinch point, not reconnected or anything.

I do feel lucky nothing was damaged and the protection feature on a nearly 20 year old piece of kit did its job!
Weird huh.

Any autopsy upcoming? Under the use conditions you describe and especially with the cirumstances you mention just curious what a teardown might reveal.... Glad SVS made it painless for you.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
One of my pair of SVS PC-2000 Pros stopped powering on. I trouble shot and discovered the power cord died.

Wrote SVS tech support using their web form to explain situation and ask for help.

In less than 12 hrs they wrote back and are sending new cord, no muss, no fuss.

Rare to find such responsive CS these days, kudos and thanks!
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Correspondence below:

Agree that SVS customer service is excellent. Haven’t had anything fail but they are very responsive and quick to make things right from my experience with their subs and cables. Good luck with your repair!

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I've had good experience w;ith their customer support in the past. Fortunately, I never had either of my subs fail.:)

C

Chesapeake HT

Junior Audioholic
No failures, but some ordering challenges. They made it all more than right when all was said and done. Great people for sure!

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Any autopsy upcoming? Under the use conditions you describe and especially with the cirumstances you mention just curious what a teardown might reveal.... Glad SVS made it painless for you.
Good idea, unfortunately I tossed it as soon as I identified it as the culprit.

I did not want to forget which black power cord was bad and cause any self inflicted turbulence

B

brian6751

Audioholic Intern
weird. I had a PC2000 Pro that had the power cable go bad as well. It's an epidemic!!! But seriously, what are the odds?

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
They are great. I just ordered a pair of PB16 Ultras today partly because of how great they are.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis