J

johnburger

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hi
I have a 42&quot; Panssonic plasma screen and need to connect a Sony DAVS (Home cinema sound and DVD) and a sky box. Cabling to the plasma is buried in the wall and cannot be altered. There is 1 Svideo cable and 1 &nbsp;coax cable. I am told that svideo will give a better picture than composite and therefore need to feed using Svideo form either sky or the DAVS. As neither box has Svideo in and out I will need a switch but cannot find a remote controlled one. Please help by letting me know of a supplier or maybe a different way of doing this.</font>

<font color='#008080'>I have a few questions:

1. What DAV system do you have? (even the DAVS550 has component outputs)

2. What would it take to run component cables either in the wall, or down it?

3. Verify that your Sky Box has S-Video outputs as well...

Here are my &quot;ideal world&quot; instructions:

Connect your sky box to the S-Video in on your Plasma TV.
Connect your DAV system to the COMPONENT input of the Plasma TV (you'll have to wire this up, it's 3 RCA cables, or you may need to do RCA to BNC connectors)

Then use the input selector on the Plasma TV to switch.

Low-tech solution:

If you DAV system can switch a composite (Yellow RCA) signal to the S-Video output... Connect the S-Video output of the DAV system to the Plasma screen. Connect the composite (Yellow RCS) output of the Skybox to the video input of the DAV. The DAV now selects your source and routes it to the TV...

Ideally, you shoudl build your entire system around the Plasma screen. It is the most expensive item and has particular demands to achieve better-than-TV performance.

Whoever installed your Plasma screen without the component option did you a MAJOR disservice.</font>

J

johnburger

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for your reply.
1. &nbsp; It is a DAV550s.
2. &nbsp; It is not possible to run additional coax for component. This insallation was wired for different equipment for a previous tenant.
3. &nbsp; The sky box does have Svideo out.
4. &nbsp; The DAV cannot convert video in to
svideo out.
This why I want a remote controlled Svideo switch.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis