Surround and Surround back speakers HELP!!!

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
At the moment, I've got 4 Pioneer BS21 speakers on stands for my surround and surround back speakers. However, my son and daugher (3 and 7 years old) have dropped them several times. One suffered minor damage with one of the grills dented. Two of my stands have suffer minor damage as well.

So, I've been thinking of replacing my surround and surround back speakers with tower speakers at first, but now I've been thinking of may be going small and replace my surround and surround back speakers with speakers such as Klipsch quinted, Mirage Nanosat or Definite Technology Satelite speakers and mounting them on the wall / ceiling.

Would that be a better idea than going with all around towers?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Towers can be dangerous for little kids ;) ..

Whats your budget?

I take it you have a 7.1 system?

Depending on your budget I would go with dipole bipole type surrounds...

Fluance has them for $125 a pair, Wharfedale has some for around $300 a pair, and there are a few more brands out there...
Amazon.com: Fluance AVBP2 Bipolar Surround Sound Satellite Speakers: Electronics

WHARFEDALE DIAMOND DFS BI-POLE SURROUND SPEAKER (PR) at Music Direct

or you can go with a shallow bookshelf specifically made for surorunds {they are designed for hanging on walls..

WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 10 SR SURROUND SPEAKERS (PR) at Music Direct

but plenty of choices out there...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
At the moment, I've got 4 Pioneer BS21 speakers on stands for my surround and surround back speakers. However, my son and daugher (3 and 7 years old) have dropped them several times. One suffered minor damage with one of the grills dented. Two of my stands have suffer minor damage as well.

So, I've been thinking of replacing my surround and surround back speakers with tower speakers at first, but now I've been thinking of may be going small and replace my surround and surround back speakers with speakers such as Klipsch quinted, Mirage Nanosat or Definite Technology Satelite speakers and mounting them on the wall / ceiling.

Would that be a better idea than going with all around towers?
Judging by the speakers you mentioned it seems like you want a max budget of $400ish per pair

Onwalllist

The RC2's are the only one's in your (estimated) price range, but source definitely makes some of the best surrounds I've ever heard. I've ordered a pair of RC4's and a friend of mine loaned me a pair that aren't on the website. I've also heard the LS26's (truly awesome) and I definitely want to order pair sometime in the future.

If you have the budget for them these things are the real deal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis