Suggestions for a bookshelf pair?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I must be turning blind as I still can't find it, but I can certainly take your word for it - it'll be great if it does. This is what I see in their manual:

SPECIFICATIONS
B3030A/B3031A
Audio Inputs
XLR connector servo-balanced input
¼" TRS servo-balanced input
Input impedance 10 kΩ
Input Trim –6 dB to +6 dB

A couple of other docs also only mention the 1/4" TRS along with the XLR.
ok, slight correction - no RCA port - you are right,
but manual clearly shows UCA222 connected straight to 3031A.
UCA222 (i'm staring at one right now) has two rca unbalanced ports

I assume Behringer assumes you can use adapter like this one -

For only $0.50 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Metal 6.35mm (1/4 Inch) Mono Plug to RCA Jack Adaptor - Gold Plated | RCA <--> 6.35mm (1/4Inch) Adapters

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
The Arx speakers also peak my interest due to the ribbon tweeter, however they're not a company ive ever heard of :eek:
Up untill last year I had never heard of Arx either. Took a chance with them when I seen the banner for The Audio Insider on AVS Forum. Got to reading about them and have always been a fan of XBL tech.

Bought a set of the older A1 (not A1b, slightly smaller cabinet) and was blown away. Great tweeter and the woofers can really but out great midbass. Picked up a A2 center a few weeks laters and then just a few weeks ago got the A5 towers. After getting the Arx and being so happy with them I sold all my Axiom speakers and older Boston Acoustics VR towers and couldn't be more happier.

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
ok, slight correction - no RCA port - you are right,
but manual clearly shows UCA222 connected straight to 3031A.
UCA222 (i'm staring at one right now) has two rca unbalanced ports

I assume Behringer assumes you can use adapter like this one -

For only $0.50 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Metal 6.35mm (1/4 Inch) Mono Plug to RCA Jack Adaptor - Gold Plated | RCA <--> 6.35mm (1/4Inch) Adapters
Ok, good - I can cancel my emergency eye appointment!

Thanks, for that info about the connectors, BSA. That UCA222 looks interesting too. More toys :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, good - I can cancel my emergency eye appointment!

Thanks, for that info about the connectors, BSA. That UCA222 looks interesting too. More toys :)
uca202 and uca202 are decent devices, for their price, but don't go rushing judging them as best thing since sliced bread. Headphone amp is terrible, limited resolution and functionality .... They are ok, very more than OK for $30 :) but thats about it. Look for NwAudioGuy measurements

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
uca202 and uca202 are decent devices, for their price, but don't go rushing judging them as best thing since sliced bread. Headphone amp is terrible, limited resolution and functionality .... They are ok, very more than OK for $30 :) but thats about it. Look for NwAudioGuy measurements
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of using it to convert my old cassette tapes to digital files. Looks like it should work pretty well for that. I don't really need the headphone amp.

I

Impulse

Junior Audioholic
What about polk lsi 7s on amazon for $400?
Any thoughts?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Ascend CBM170se $376 for the pair shipped... They have a really good sound to them...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
i have been looking as well at the B&W 685s and Definitive Tech Studio Monitor 55s, i can get these both half off so if anyone has input on them, that would be very nice.
Keep your options open, especially the 50% off part.

You can really get B&W for 50% off? :eek:

Just audition and compare the speakers and choose the best sounding speakers.

I

Impulse

Junior Audioholic
Ha indeed, i can also get a pair of rti a3s for $100 new..
I have heard the b&ws and they are something..but its the others i havent

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
What about polk lsi 7s on amazon for $400?
Any thoughts?
I like the lsi Polks, but I believe that they are not an easy load to drive. I know many owners have felt that they needed an external amp to drive them. I don't think they were a good value at full price, but after discount maybe.

I'm not as enamored of Polk's other lines.

The older Def Tech Studio Monitors were good values. I haven't heard the new versions.

I

Impulse

Junior Audioholic
I have no problem driving them, my amp reaches almost 300 watts per channel in 4 ohm load

EDIT:
350 watts rms per channel*

Also, the HSU mk2 horn bookshelves, any good value in those?

Last edited:
S

streg2

Audiophyte
I know these two segestions are out of the OP's original price rsange but has anyone looked into Audio Pro or Dynaudio?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis