Suggestion on a DAC

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I avoided this thread because I thought it was about DACs. I've been here long enough to have known better...

:)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I know I fixate on value, it may because when I was younger I spent money like a pirate and then seen what I had to show for it in the end, $300 jeans, $15K watches, all for name brands turns you into a tool bag, shop--experience everything weigh the costs and values while keeping the value of the item when you are done with it in mind...
There can be many shades of grey; you are trying to make things black or white. Just because you spent $15K on a watch and regretted it doesn't mean you have to resort to owning only a Casio. (He says, wearing a Casio as he types.) There are shades of grey to value. BTW, on resale the value of those Lingenfelter upgrades is pretty close to zero, so how is that a good value?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There can be many shades of grey; you are trying to make things black or white. Just because you spent $15K on a watch and regretted doesn't mean you have to resort to owning only a Casio. (He says, wearing a Casio as he types.) There are shades of grey to value. BTW, on resale the value of those Lingenfelter upgrades is pretty close to zero, so how is that a good value?
Casio? :eek:

That's it. I'm done (wearing a Citizen Skyhawk Titanium Eco-Drive as he types). :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I avoided this thread because I thought it was about DACs. I've been here long enough to have known better...

:)
Some of us can muck up any thread with irrelevant and unrelated discussions.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
You guys are all crazy talking about $100K cars that will break down 4 times a year. :eek:

I'm getting a Lexus LX570 to last me 40 years.:p :D

My Denon AVP, ATI, and RBH should last me 40 years too. :p :D
Thats fine for getting groceries but them suv's aren't good for much else, it would fall apart off road, the 4wd units are soft and barely useful in light snow, save yourself 10K and get a landcruiser or better yet save $50K and get a sequioa, lol If you want something like a 4wd suv get a wrangler, at least you can go off road with it, my rubicon has been in places you would think a helicopter would have to remove you from and its leathered and naved up, the ride is actually surprisingly smooth and the front roof comes off plus I can hit a button and detach sway bars, take doors and tops off, its fun, lol...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thats fine for getting groceries but them suv's aren't good for much else, it would fall apart off road, the 4wd units are soft and barely useful in light snow, save yourself 10K and get a landcruiser or better yet save $50K and get a sequioa, lol If you want something like a 4wd suv get a wrangler, at least you can go off road with it, my rubicon has been in places you would think a helicopter would have to remove you from and its leathered and naved up, the ride is actually surprisingly smooth and the front roof comes off plus I can hit a button and detach sway bars, take doors and tops off, its fun, lol...
Wait. Let me get this straight. Are you saying the Jeep, Land Cruiser, and Sequoia perform better off-road than the Lexus LX 570? :D

In terms of off-road prowess, the LX570 is neck-to-neck with the Range Rover. And there is no difference in off-road performance between the LX570 and Land Cruiser. :D

Well, I suppose all things are up for debate, like speakers and amps....... I'm sorry, DAC. :D

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
sequoia, good grief man, we had one a 2010, to many times in the shop for electronic stability control issues, air bag front seat sensor failure, tire pressure monitoring failure.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
sequoia, good grief man, we had one a 2010, to many times in the shop for electronic stability control issues, air bag front seat sensor failure, tire pressure monitoring failure.
Yeah, I'm not too impressed with Sequoia.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
There can be many shades of grey; you are trying to make things black or white. Just because you spent $15K on a watch and regretted it doesn't mean you have to resort to owning only a Casio. (He says, wearing a Casio as he types.) There are shades of grey to value. BTW, on resale the value of those Lingenfelter upgrades is pretty close to zero, so how is that a good value?

Believe it or not the L-felter cars bring really good money, I seen impala ss's with the kit $6K kit {done back in the mid 90's of course} recently a couple showed up on ebay, and the cars sold for what I would say is $8to10K more than they should have with out the kit.. When you have a car like the ctsv spending $11K on an upgrade like that is much better than adding your own exhaust, intake, ect.. They are an authorised modification company so they can sell you warranties, its very close to getting a factory option, l-felter actually does does their design work under gm supervision...

The resale value of all of the cars we have mentioned is embarrassing, but after spending $90 on a ctsv you would have one heck of a sedan, I honestly would put it against anything costing a good deal more... I drove in a stage 2 2013 car and it put that 650hp to the ground like a drag car, and even with the stock suspension and tires it pulled some serious g's in the corners...

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
M5 out... not a chance any American sedan will ever touch it. till owned and driven it's a moot point. My best friend retired from BMW USA, drives a 2014 stingray, loves it, it's still no F1. Maybe a m5 costs more than a ctvs, but it's still the same class of car. Comparing a 7 series with any M is fruitless. Everyone has an option but the pros still choose the best...:p

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
M5 out... not a chance any American sedan will ever touch it. till owned and driven it's a moot point. My best friend retired from BMW USA, drives a 2014 stingray, loves it, it's still no F1. Maybe a m5 costs more than a ctvs, but it's still the same class of car. Comparing a 7 series with any M is fruitless. Everyone has an option but the pros still choose the best...:p
I have owned BMW's and have driven an m5 and in one a few times... Not impressed.. As for the 14 stingray, its a 450hp vett, didn't they have them in the early 90s, lol... Vettes just don't do anything for me, I have 2 kids, lol...

As far as comparing the m5 to the csv-t in a conversation about cost and value, I have to disagree, NOT in the same class... There is no room in that car either, go sit in a csv sedan then jump in an m5, you will understand why I wouldn't consider the bmw, never mind the extra $35K, less power, ect...

I have to admit I am sick of talking about this, I agree the bmw is a nice car, I think they want too much money for it, and the BMW dealers {around here} don't DEAL so you pay msrp for anything special... I can get csvt for $5-10K under msrp easily....

So if I was spending $100 on a car {sedan that I could take to the track} it would be the caddy, with the upgrades I listed above, 700hp, race suspension and cooled brakes with street/track tires and no m5 is going to come close to it... If you think different I guess we will have to agree to disagree.... BUT, I will put my money where my mouth is, if someone will put up there bmw I will build the ctsv and race for titles. I have no trouble with that, I would be getting 2 cars for the price of one, lol... i'm not joking, if someone would put their title in third party {escrow}, Ill buy the ctsv and send it through the 2 shops, then I will pay to rent the track and we can do 20 laps and see what happens... $90K car vs $90K car, that would be fun... lol..

ANYWAY, all dac's sound the same and the ctsv is a better buy than any car in BMW's lineup...:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I test drove a BMW once. A 328, if memory serves. Fun as h*ll to drive, but way too expensive for a car with vinyl sheets.

Would I like an M5? Oh, I'm sure I would. I wouldn't spend $100k for one. But, I'm not a rich guy. Or have huge guns. Or a hot wife.

Huh. Maybe I should get an M5. :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I have to admit I am sick of talking about this
Irv, ahem, you've done an awful lot of talking in this one post alone just to tell us you're sick of talking about this. ;) You sure are amusing though.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Irv, ahem, you've done an awful lot of talking in this one post alone just to tell us you're sick of talking about this. ;) You sure are amusing though.
Irv when I do build the ctsv {im sure Ill end up doing it someday} I'm inviting you out for a weekend and changing your mind, by the end of the weekend you will be buying american cars and korean amplifiers... Adam can come out too, we'll give him some HGH and lock him in the gym so he can get big arms, but I fear there is nothing going to bring him back to emo..

I am not saying the bmw is not a good car, its great for a BMW fan that wants a fast car... But you have to admit, the cts-v gives you a lot for your money, the forced v8 is a nice engine, the caddy ergos and style is nice {IMO}, and with the Lingenfelter conversion, cooled brake system, a little suspension work and frame stiffening, the car can compete {performance wise} with any sedan in the world as well as sports cars that cost a little more... Thats all I am getting at, I'm not a car dealer, I don't care if you ever buy one, but at least admit the car is a contender for $65K, or show me a sedan in that price range than can compete with it, I am open to suggestions..

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis