Subwoofer rattle (BIC F12)

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
BIC replied and they want a copy of the sales receipt. I do not have this and its not an option to get it.
I wouldn't purchase another one of their subs again. The serial number should be sufficient to verify that the sub is still under warranty.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I wouldn't purchase another one of their subs again. The serial number should be sufficient to verify that the sub is still under warranty.
Why? I'll bet they can sit in distribution centers or the inventory room of stores for months, and (less often) years.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Why? I'll bet they can sit in distribution centers or the inventory room of stores for months, and (less often) years.
The serial number is typically an indication of the build date. If the subs are sitting inventory rooms and not in living rooms it should be a message to them.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The serial number is typically an indication of the build date. If the subs are sitting inventory rooms and not in living rooms it should be a message to them.
Yes, but I would be pissed if BIC said my 5 year warranty expired after three years of ownership because of the serial number. That is not a good model for business.
It works great for companies like Emotiva because they track when items are sold by S/N, but BIC doesn't have that kind of control over their distribution channels.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Not all warranties are transferable to second owners. Likewise, some goods may have fallen off the back of the truck and/or sold by unauthorized dealers. That's why proof of purchase in the form of a receipt is always a good thing.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Yes, but I would be pissed if BIC said my 5 year warranty expired after three years of ownership because of the serial number. That is not a good model for business.
It works great for companies like Emotiva because they track when items are sold by S/N, but BIC doesn't have that kind of control over their distribution channels.
I didn't know that? It would be good if they were like Emotiva.

K

Kelly Rankin

Enthusiast
Just wanted to say thanks guys. I actually managed to get a replacement after some bickering.

The new one sounds good and has no rattle.

Really appreciate all the guidance on here.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis