C

Char 57

Audiophyte
What does everyone think of the Martin Logan Descent i subwoofer?
My speakers consist of Martin Logan Preface,Helos 10,Matinee.

K

KODG

Junior Audioholic
ML Sub.

Very good! but I would buy a JL AUDIO every time!!

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I had a very brief demo of this sub a little while back at a local shop. Fantastic sub; it really is. Whats amazing about a great sub is that it blends so well and that the bass is so freakin effortless. In that regard, this sub certainly didnt disappoint for the little bit that I heard of it.

That said, an MSRP of 3500 and a street price for probably a little north of 25, I can't say its the best bang for the buck. Its reasonably small for the extension and output its capable of, and I'm sure thats the attraction for some buyers. If size isnt an issue you could easily out perform that ML with a couple SVS Ultras for similar money. Likewise, there are several DIY options that better the ML for less money. 2 JL Audio 12w7's in premade cabinets with amp and crossover would be an easy solution, allow for better integration, and be an overall better setup. You could also consider a ported 13w7 for insane subwoofage.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
2 JL Audio 12w7's in premade cabinets with amp and crossover would be an easy solution, allow for better integration, and be an overall better setup. You could also consider a ported 13w7 for insane subwoofage.
Yet, I am not aware of anyone having done this :confused::confused: except a single chap on hometheatershack, that I helped along with a 13W7 suggestion, as he already had one from an prior car audio install. People just HATE to do ANYTHING themselves is my only answer....

-Chris

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Yet, I am not aware of anyone having done this :confused::confused: except a single chap on hometheatershack, that I helped along with a 13W7 suggestion, as he already had one from an prior car audio install. People just HATE to do ANYTHING themselves is my only answer....

-Chris
:eek: I always thought you enjoyed helping people with the different builds.I hope I am simply misreading this as I hope to get advice again on my next build.
:) ,Sawz.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
:eek: I always thought you enjoyed helping people with the different builds.I hope I am simply misreading this as I hope to get advice again on my next build.
:) ,Sawz.
I think he was refering to the rest of us. Hey Chris, slide me the cash and I'll build one. Heck, double the cash and I'll build two and send one back to you. ;) :D

I've been looking for an excuse to fire up my 10" table saw in the apartment. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis