Subwoofer Feedback Problem

C

Caesar

Enthusiast
I am going from my subwoofer out jack on the back of my Marantz receiver into my Samson amp and then wired directly into a pair of 12' subs. The subs are crossed at 80 HZ. via the Marantz sub out jack. I also have tried feeding a separate Audio Control crossover just prior to going into the Samson. Either way to no avail. I get an annoying feedback buzz out of the subs when they sit idle. No prob when the music or movies are cranked but horrible otherwise. I have tried grounding the amp to different outlets and get the same buzz. I don't beleive it's an impedence issue so I am stumped! :confused:

I am now considering trying out a single powered subwoofer to see if I get better results and no feedback problems?

Anyone else encountered this frustration? any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Caesar

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Before we throw out the proverbial baby with the bathwater...

Try replacing the RCA cable. A lot of us are using generic RCA cable to hook up the subs and the cheap cables are prone to having poor fitting connections that can generate a lot of hum/feedback.

crashguy

crashguy

Audioholic
Likely the RCA cables run too close to the power cord for one of your components, combined with cheap RCA cables. Move the audio cables away from the power cables, and get some decent cables. Your problem will be gone. AC power cycles at 60 Hz. That is the buzz you hear.

drobinson784

Audiophyte
Another Sub Feedback Issue

I just hooked up the Alpine PLT-5 in my 2003 Accord Coupe. Sounds great. Shut the car off and the sub doesnt kick off it keeps pushing alotta bass out like bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb. You get the idea. I have no idea where to begin to fix the issue. Any ideas?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis