Subwoofer connection Question

A

allenb33

Audiophyte
I just purchased a new Denon 3806 receiver. I want to hook up my Velodyne sub. there are 2 RCA inputs on the sub ( one for left and 1 for right channels) but 1 sub RCA output on the receiver. Do I get an RCA Y connector or is there another way to do this? Also, where is the best place to buy speaker cable and banana plugs?
Thanks for your help. Allen

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
allenb33 said:
I just purchased a new Denon 3806 receiver. I want to hook up my Velodyne sub. there are 2 RCA inputs on the sub ( one for left and 1 for right channels) but 1 sub RCA output on the receiver. Do I get an RCA Y connector or is there another way to do this? Also, where is the best place to buy speaker cable and banana plugs?
Thanks for your help. Allen
If you read your Velodyne's manual it will tell you that the Y connector is optional and may be necessary to activate the auto-on feature. Generally you dont need it.
http://monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10239&cs_id=1023901&p_id=2789&seq=1&format=2

A

allenb33

Audiophyte
Unfortunately, I do not have the manual for the subwoofer.

B

Brandst

Junior Audioholic
On my Velodyne, the left input is used for the LFE in. According to the manual the inputs are summed, the same effect as using a Y cable.

Steve

A

allenb33

Audiophyte
So , I can save $15 on a Y cable and just use the left? Thanks!

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
allenb33 said:
So , I can save $15 on a Y cable and just use the left? Thanks!
If you pay more than $5.00 for a "Y" connector, you should be shopping elsewhere.

A

allenb33

Audiophyte
Any recommendation on subwoofer cables? I was looking on Bluejeans cables for about $25.00 and a Y cable for $15?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
sholling said:
Bluejeans is fine.
And so is a "Y" connector from RatShack, Home Depot of Wal-Mart but, hey, it's your money.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
allenb33 said:
Any recommendation on subwoofer cables? I was looking on Bluejeans cables for about $25.00 and a Y cable for $15?
Radio Shack is where I go. My Hsu sub needs the one into two connection to ensure the auto on functions when soft music is playing.

Nick

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis