subbwoofer and a DLP

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
Yey all, as you know, I am workin on finalizing my sub design and have it nearly down however, I have one more question. My current DLP stand is only 48" wide but I am moving up to a 62" DLP that has a footprint that is almost 68" long so, my plan was to build a subwoofer cabinet that is the same height as my current stand and side by side, i could set the new DLP on them. I am not worried about vibration because with proper bracing, you can set anything on them you want and barely feel it. Anywho, the idea was to go back to 2 down firing 12's but I was wondering how far away the TV would need to be away from the subwoofer magnets as to not caue any harm. My sub right now will start puling a compass off kilter from about 13" away from the cone (front fire) so I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on subs in close proximity to TV's, primarily a DLP.

F

fergusonv

Audioholic
DLP chips (tv's / projectors) are not affected by the magnets in the subs like CRT's.

Edit: In addition this site has a search feature..... you may want to try using it before making posts.

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
I did a search and didn't come up with an absolute answer. Comments like that do no good other than boost you post count.:rolleyes:

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
bmccord said:
I did a search and didn't come up with an absolute answer. Comments like that do no good other than boost you post count.:rolleyes:
At the risk of being confrontational, and boosting my post count...

(why does post count come up on some threads? Is there a prize that I'm unaware of? And isn't pure drivel and poppycock subtracted from the count before the prize is given?)

I would have to say fergusonv answered your question promptly and directly (your sub's proximity to your DLP is irrelevant, as a DLP is unaffected by magnets).

I would think you'd thank him, rather than vilify him. Just my $0.02 for the day. Cheers to all.

F

fergusonv

Audioholic
I could care less about my post count! And as johnd said I answered your question so whats the problem? I will not boost my post count in the future answering your questions.... I promise.

Last edited:
bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
Hey all. I did not mean to get a little testy. I am used to hangin out on automotive forums in the past and there are alot of tools that love to jump down ones throat about the search function. Anywho, had a crappy day at the office and thought that was what was starting to unfold. You all have always been helpfull and I have not had an issue not answered in its fullest. Thank you all again.

fergusonv : You answered my question and I had no right to jump on your case:p

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
bmccord,
Just curious why you are going with the 62" toshiba. Don't see a lot on Audioholics about Toshiba's DLP's, and wondering why you made that decision.

Enjoy
X

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
Well, my Brother and I own a few business' together and we set up an account with a local HT distributor so we can get Toshiba, RCA and you guessed it....YAMAHA...lol, hence my vast collection of yami products. Basically its much cheaper than retail and we put one in a house that was doing a theater room remodel and it looked just about same as my sony in HD...and its Huge and cheap:D

Last edited:
X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
Excellent!~ Just wanted to know. I always liked Toshiba's CRT products, but with the newer technology, they don't seem to get the press that other manufacturers do. Not even many reviews.

bmccord

bmccord

Audioholic
I know, its odd. I have a Toshiba 27" Truflat in my bedroom and I cannot tell the difference between it and my 27" Sony wega in one of the quest rooms. For the money they have pretty nice stuff. However if it were retail, I would most likely step up about 500 bucks to a better reviewed brand...

Brett

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis