sub woofer help kliptch 12D

LOA5000

LOA5000

Audioholic Intern
I have a Sony receiver 1030. With the auto calibration. I have the infinity p363 as my front left and rite and the pc351 as my center. The rears are Sony f7000 towers.
Any ways the sound system is really nice but the sub I am not all so sure about. The auto calibration set the sub at -1db. I got the phase at 180. The cross over is set to the receiver mode. Now it seems like the bass is just to loud when it shouldn't be. Its great when there's anything that you want good base. But it seems like its just to loud when it shouldn't be. But if I turn it down it won't be really good when you want it to be. Hard to explain but it seems like something like a sound track with a little bit of base or like hunger games when there riding in the train it just seems a bit harsh. But I love the cool effect from it when it shakes the house when the plane thing or what ever flow over at the beginning of the movie when there in the woods hunting that deer. So maybe there is something I can do

T

twoeyedbob

Audioholic
What is the crossover set at ?
In my limited experience ,auto eq's tend to set the crossover far too high.(80hz is your starting point)
What size is your room?
Someone on here will suggest whether that sub is suitable.

I had a similar problem with a cheap paradigm sub.
Not enough power,therefore i had to choose between
Hardly hearing it at all or it being a bit out of control and distorting.....
Id imagine a small sub in a large room would present the same problem's.

You could also try putting on something with a repetitive bass
Track and walking about the room,if it's better in some places.....it may be ,you just need To fine tune the sub's position.
Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
LOA5000

LOA5000

Audioholic Intern
The cross over is set at 80 all way around. Its a good size room 28ftx15 seems about rite. The TV is set up so its kinda narrow. The thing I don't under stand is the auto calibration sets it at what it should be and it just seems to loud and not a real deep sound. I would prefer deep and not so loud. Hard to explain..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
IF the sub is on the same end of the room as your mains, your phase should be set to 0.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis