Sub for Polk LC265i

M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
I just got done installing my in wall Polk LC265i that is coupled w/ the Onkyo SR706. If I do say so myself the setup is pretty slick and seemless w/ the in wall speakers. Currently I only have the front three speakers, and no sub. I do not have to tell you that I am lacking the low end piece of the puzzle. Other people here on this board helped me select my speakers and receiver and I thought I would come back and see what kind of help I could get on a sub for this room.

The room is approx. 280 sq. feet and is carpeted. Our watching style is:

80% sports
10% movies mostly drama type stuff
10% music no rap

Any help is appreciated. If you need more information just let me know and I can provide as much as you like.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
How much are you willing to spend, what is the ceiling height, and is the 280 sq ft the entire enclosed area?

M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
I have 8ft ceilings, the 280 ft area is not enclosed it opens up to the kitchen. I understand there will be some sound loss and it is not the perfect setup. My budget is for a respectable sub, I am not sure what to put as a dollar figure, but I would just like something that has nice sound.

I have done some reading on the subs on this board and I found a few good reviews on Epik. Not sure if that fits my setup or not.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you don't at least have a range of what you want to spend then it is practically impossible to make a recommendation for you. Are we talking more like $400 or $1K? Does the size of the sub make a difference? Since you chose in-wall speakers, I presume it does.

M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
I would say my budget would be the $300 - $600 range. The size of the sub really is not important. I think I can just put the sub in the corner and it will be just fine.

I have looked online at the Polk subs and the Veladyne, but I have no idea if they are what I need or not. I want something that will enhance my football watching, and some movies. Thanks for all the help.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
Yeah it seems alot of people on these boards like the SVS subs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You can't go wrong with either of those manufacturers.

M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
Well I have read on both of them and I think I will go ahead and pick up the HSU, if that is what folks here recommend. Everyone on this board has steered me in the right direction so far.

M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for the help. Is there somewhere that I might find a smoking deal on the HSU sub?

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis