Sub Advice to compliment my existing components

G

greyatlien

Audiophyte
New guy please be gentle.

Fronts and Surrounds are 4 Martin Logan LX16s.
Center Channel is a Martin Logan Motion 30.

I love the folded motion tweeter.

I plan on upgrading my fronts to Martin Logan Motion 40s when economics allow and sliding 2 of the LX16s to rears at that time.

With all that said I am looking for a good, reasonably priced Subwoofer that will compliment my existing components without upsetting my neighbors (I live in an apartment).

I look forward to everyone's suggestions.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Need an actual budget. "Reasonably priced" means something different to everyone. An idea of the size of the space to fill will help as well.

G

greyatlien

Audiophyte
My apologies, the room is 18x13. And I would like to keep it under 500.

The receiver is a Marantz SR6007.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Both of these are highly respected. The first one is right at that point, so will end up costing a bit more. This is the sealed one so it should be pleasing with music and the room is probably not too big for it (unless it is open to other areas?). You might check if they have a B-stock unit as well for a bit lower pricing.

SB-1000

This one is not sealed, but has a selectable tune (Variable Tuning Frequency) that will allow you to choose between a "tighter" sound or more extension:

http://hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-1mk2.html

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I concur. For $500 or less, SVS & HSU. For $589, Rythmik. </= good be would SVS & HSU $500, html choices.<>

Last edited:
G

greyatlien

Audiophyte
Cool thanks for the advice guys, Ill start looking into the options you have provided and make a decision.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I agree with the others. At $499, the SVS PB-1000 would be my choice; for a little more, the VTF-2 and LV12R are good choices.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis