Stupid Question--NEED HELP!

S

stuart.oppenhei

Audiophyte
I know that anyone on this forum will know the answer to my question but I really need help and hope someone can tell me what to do.

The DVD player on my Dell Laptop stopped playing the sound on DVDs. I get an error message: "The DTS audio format is not supported by your current audio settings. Please change your Audio option setting on the DVD settings page." There is no way to do this in the program and I have the same problem in all of the programs that might play the DVD--Windows Media, Real Player. I just don;t know enough to figure out what settings to change and where--hoping someone can help me out!

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Go into the dvd menu and select the Dolby Digital track instead of DTS.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You may need to get new software that supports DTS... Power DVD suppports DTS and it's great software.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Was your DVD player playing DTS Audio fine before? If so, and it has recently stopped, I'd check if there are any driver conflicts for your laptop. Check the dell site and see if you can download updated drivers for you machine.

Next, I would check the DVD player software, if it came pre-packaged from Dell then you are probably running a limited version of Power DVD. Check online and download the full version of the product. The full version gives you the ability to select the sound stream from within the software and not by the DVD.

Also trying google groups for information. If it is something common you may find somebody who had the same problem as you.

Post any results you get back to this forum so we can help you further.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis