streaming 3D content with a Sony VPL-HW45ES projector

C

canon007

Enthusiast
I wanted to get some advice on how to stream 3D content on my new Sony VPL-HW45ES Projector and a Denon receiver.

I bought a Android Qbox installed with Kodi to stream movies. Everything works great except when i try and stream 3D movies.

The Sony projector works great with when i watch 3D blu-ray movies with the Sony TDG BT500A Active 3D RF glasses.

However, when i try watching 3D content from the Qbox receiver, i get two side by side panels instead of a 3D image. The guy i bought the box from said i need to change the settings on my TV (or projector in my case), or on my AV receiver.

However, the only 3D settings on the Sony HW45ES projector are the following:
==>2-3D display set: options are Auto/3D/2D. The default setting is Auto.
if 3D is selected, the only other two adjustments available are:
==> 3D glasses brightness - options are: High/Medium/Low the default settings is Medium.
==>Simulated 3D Effect: options are High/Middle/Low The default setting is Middle

On the Denon 4200W receiver, I can't find anything under the "Video" setup menu that adjust 3D output.

I found instructions on a search in YouTube, where someone said they adjusted the 3d settings on their 3D tv from side by side to full screen.

I can't find similar settings on my Sony projector or Denon receiver.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can provide. Is it possible to watch streamed 3D content with my current setup?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I wanted to get some advice on how to stream 3D content on my new Sony VPL-HW45ES Projector and a Denon receiver.

I bought a Android Qbox installed with Kodi to stream movies. Everything works great except when i try and stream 3D movies.

The Sony projector works great with when i watch 3D blu-ray movies with the Sony TDG BT500A Active 3D RF glasses.

However, when i try watching 3D content from the Qbox receiver, i get two side by side panels instead of a 3D image. The guy i bought the box from said i need to change the settings on my TV (or projector in my case), or on my AV receiver.

However, the only 3D settings on the Sony HW45ES projector are the following:
==>2-3D display set: options are Auto/3D/2D. The default setting is Auto.
if 3D is selected, the only other two adjustments available are:
==> 3D glasses brightness - options are: High/Medium/Low the default settings is Medium.
==>Simulated 3D Effect: options are High/Middle/Low The default setting is Middle

On the Denon 4200W receiver, I can't find anything under the "Video" setup menu that adjust 3D output.

I found instructions on a search in YouTube, where someone said they adjusted the 3d settings on their 3D tv from side by side to full screen.

I can't find similar settings on my Sony projector or Denon receiver.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can provide. Is it possible to watch streamed 3D content with my current setup?
Do your 3D video file names include "3D.SBS." or "Half-SBS" or similar? See Kodi documentation for full details. If named properly, instead of the 3D videos in Kodi's list view showing the quality as a green HD or blue SD, there should be a white 3D label. When you begin playback of a video which Kodi recognizes as 3D, Kodi should prompt you to choose whether to display it the same as the source or flatten it to 2D.

If you choose "Same as source", I'm thinking this is the secret sauce to get your projector to understand the content it is receiving is stereoscopic, and finally to allow you to activate its 3D output. It might help to start the video, pause it when you see an obvious side-by-side image (Disney castle, Dreamworks fishing boy, PIXAR logo, just something without a lot of black); then enable 3D on the projector and unpause.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis