Stores that sell shrink wrap (cable assembly)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
My Blue Jeans cable order arrived today, I recieved a couple of cables and an army of terminations! Are the locking banana plugs ever sweet! The only thing I need now is some shrink wrap but I have no clue what stores would carry this stuff. Are there any common stores that sell this, any recommendations on where to buy this stuff would be helpful. Thanks!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think Radio Shack should have shrink wrap, or is that The Source or something like that in Canada? I would think any computer/electronics store would have it also.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I think Radio Shack should have shrink wrap, or is that The Source or something like that in Canada? I would think any computer/electronics store would have it also.
I have googled quick searches on The Source (circuit city), Futureshop, Bestbuy and Walmart and seem to can't find anything (hopefully somone can prove me wrong:D).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am fairly certain BB or CC won't have it, at least they don't here. You would need a place that sells electronics components, like a computer store most likely. How about Home Depot / Lowes? Do you have those or something similar? I am fairly certain you can find some there.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
We have home depot's. I will check home depot out as well as Canadian Tire aka Crappy Tire:D (a little nickname we have for it :))

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They should ship to Canada, AFAIK. I wasn't sure if you wanted online or not, but there are dozens of places to get it from. www.partsexpress.com www.madisound.com www.speakerrepair.com etc...

I have been using McMaster Carr for years for engineering projects, as well as www.grainger.com

Home Depot might have some, but they may not have a big selection. I have Frys and they have everything a nerd...I mean DIY'er could ever need.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Home depot sells Heat Shrink, Its in the electrical section near all the zip ties and connectors and stuff.

You can also get it at ACE hardware, Lowes, Walmart....

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I would be careful with the amount that you buy. I heard a story on the radio (segment called Stupid People Shouldn't Breed) about a "salon" owner who got busted for running a prostitution ring in part because he purchased a suspicious amount of plastic wrap as an "alternative" to condoms.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis