Stimulating the national economy...

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Okay, I'd like to be schooled. I could search the internet, but it seems like we've got some knowledgeable people here on the topic.

What's the difference between putting marijuana in food and buying food with hemp in it? I imagine it's different parts of the plant, but I'm just curious. I can buy hemp on Amazon, but I haven't seen "special brownies" on any of the daily deals. :)
Hemp doesn't contain the main active ingredient of marijuana; THC (Tetrahydracannabinol)sp? (Dude, I didn't even have to look that up -_-').

It's used frequently to make fibres in clothing, paper, and the Omega acid is used in food and even hand lotion(Omega acid = -fat-).

http://www.globalhempstore.com/hemp-food/

Hope that helps :) :p

T

tbewick

Senior Audioholic
Good post, res6.
You've answered your own question.
Too many people are employed on the so called 'War On Drugs.'
The government doesn't want to save money, it never has and never will.:mad:
It just wants to grow bigger, while we grow more dependant, and entitled.
There was a podcast I listened to a while ago on the economic downturn. It was argued that government spending is necessary during economic downturns. The economist on the podcast also said that if markets are left to themselves, they have a tendency to undergo severe changes which can be socially damaging.

Personally I'd also argue that government spending is necessary to correct market failures. For example, the British used to have an obsessive interest in free markets. I believe this was one of the reasons why they didn't do anything about the Irish potato famine. Also there's the example of India in the late 19th century, where food was shipped away from India during a period of famine. Millions died because of this obsession with free markets.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Okay, I'd like to be schooled. I could search the internet, but it seems like we've got some knowledgeable people here on the topic.

What's the difference between putting marijuana in food and buying food with hemp in it? I imagine it's different parts of the plant, but I'm just curious. I can buy hemp on Amazon, but I haven't seen "special brownies" on any of the daily deals. :)
Like res6jya6 said, hemp doesn't have THC in it.

Also eating marijuana is different than smoking it. Smoking it the effects kick in much quicker, 6-7 seconds, but last shorter duration. 15 minutes getting higher to a peak, and then a slow return to normal over a period of 3 or so hours depending on the person. Eating marijuana is much different, typically taking about 30-45minutes to kick in depending on how much other food is in your body. The high lasts much longer, often twice as long as smoking it.

While we generally talk about marijuana in terms of recreational use, the medical use is still most important. Eating it allows for the drug to be longer lasting and easier to dose. THC levels peak after very little tokes, maybe 3-4 good ones. That will get you stoned, and is good for going to sleep/insomniacs. But, if you have a headache, just one quick hit from a bowl is enough to cure the headache, without feeling stoned. My friend who gets migranes takes two tokes from a bowl when she gets one, and it works better than the medicine her doctor gives her. Low doses works more like super-aspirin. So, the drug can be used without getting people stoned. A small candy or something could be enough to cure a migrane. I know lots of girls that smoke when they have cramps from their period, and they swear by it.

Also, depending on the strain is what is best for the symptom. Indicas tend to be great for insomnia, because its more of a body high and a mellow high. Sativas are more of a head high, and more comfortible for headaches. Skunk blends and such are good for cramps and pain, and have good pain relief without making someone tired

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Legalization would also put a push on the use of hemp in daily products (which is already done, since hemp itself is not illegal) - but the availablity may increase and put a competitor out there for other fibres...

http://everything.hemp.com/

A great collection of hemp-based products.

Marijuana is a great medicinal product, as midnightsensei said...

They even have these synthetic pills that they give to chemo/luekemia patients... someone I knew from school had luekemia - at first they were on numerous drugs that had terrible side effects; nausea, vomitting, lightheadedness... the synthetic form is "Marinol", and is taken in pill form. This person I knew started on a THC-only regimine and it took care of the nausea and lightheadedness... not only that, but it gave him his appetite back, and he went from being ungodly thin to a normal weight.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
There was a podcast I listened to a while ago on the economic downturn. It was argued that government spending is necessary during economic downturns. The economist on the podcast also said that if markets are left to themselves, they have a tendency to undergo severe changes which can be socially damaging.

Personally I'd also argue that government spending is necessary to correct market failures. For example, the British used to have an obsessive interest in free markets. I believe this was one of the reasons why they didn't do anything about the Irish potato famine. Also there's the example of India in the late 19th century, where food was shipped away from India during a period of famine. Millions died because of this obsession with free markets.
I understand what you’re saying, and agree to an extent.
I don’t think we’ve had truly free markets in the USA.
The government and big business have always been in bed together, and the general populace viewed as pawns.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Legalization would also put a push on the use of hemp in daily products (which is already done, since hemp itself is not illegal) - but the availablity may increase and put a competitor out there for other fibres...

That is 1 of the main resons hemp is still not legal.A few rich timber men (guess who) in the 1930's didn't want competition as hemp would have blown away the wood industry and started a smear campain http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090428124028AApudKg these are the same people that are trying to enslave us now...California is getting it.Their legislation is headed in the right direction for sure and the GOV isn't getting ANY of the money from dispenseries until they change their stance.By next year this time CA could be out of debt.....that should open some eyes in Washington.....

J

jamie2112

Banned
I understand what you’re saying, and agree to an extent.
I don’t think we’ve had truly free markets in the USA.
The government and big business have always been in bed together, and the general populace viewed as pawns.
We are viewed as sheep(not you B) not pawns....I am breaking out of the robot way....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis