Steve Jobs has died.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Statement by Apple's Board of Directors - MarketWatch

Statement by Apple's Board of Directors

CUPERTINO, Calif., Oct 05, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.

Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.

SOURCE: Apple

I loved to complain about Apple, but there's no denying Jobs importance and vision.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Man, I was waiting for it to happen but still. Knocks the wind right out of you.

He died WAY too soon and we are all the poorer for it. I understood his marketing genius in the mid 80's when he could convince people to purchase a machine three times as expensive as an Amiga with a paltry 9" B&W screen vs 14" screen in 4096 colors and a true Pre-emptive multitasking OS.

What he was able to accomplish at Apple upon his triumphant return to a company that was almost on the skids (a fire sale to Sun Micro was considered) is nothing short of astounding.

I am simply numb.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Very sad indeed and too bad he went out on a low point for Apple where they bragged about a new iPhone 5 and instead repackaged an iPhone 4 with a better camera.

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
Where is this going to leave Apple in the future?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Though I am no fan of Apple, I am saddened by his passing. There is no doubt he was a very important person for technology. RIP Steve.

Where is this going to leave Apple in the future?
He hand picked his successor, so no doubt things aren't likely to change too much in the near futrue. Long term, I would expect we may not see the same level of market innovation from them though.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Very sad indeed and too bad he went out on a low point for Apple where they bragged about a new iPhone 5 and instead repackaged an iPhone 4 with a better camera.
Apple never said anything about an iphone 5, it was pure speculation. Besides, if that's the low point for the company, then I think he did pretty well. His company undoubtedly changed the face of technology forever, and he deserves a spot among the best innovators in history.

Last edited:
jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Really Gene? is that the best you can say about a fellow lib? That's really low even for a lib like you:mad:

Steve was a liberal for sure, but there was NO denying his importance in the computer industry even for hard core PC users. He single handily brought back Apple from the brink due is his keen business insight and savvy. The way we use computers today would be much different if not for Steve Jobs. I am a conservative and he was very much a liberal, but I am not so partisan to know that he was truly an important person in the tech world. I am Very disappointed in your response Gene. It is low even for a liberal. You should be ashamed.

RIP Steve Jobs. As someone who has been in the IT world for most their adult life I have nothing but highest respect for your contributions to the computer world.

Last edited:
Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
His work was his life.

Gene was simply stating it is sad he didn't check out on one of his countless high points.

An ICON has passed... sad indeed....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The news made me sad when I heard it earlier today. Not unexpected, but still a bit of a surprise.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Really Gene? is that the best you can say about a fellow lib? That's really low even for a lib like you:mad:

Steve was a liberal for sure, but there was NO denying his importance in the computer industry even for hard core PC users. He single handily brought back Apple from the brink due is his keen business insight and savvy. The way we use computers today would be much different if not for Steve Jobs. I am a conservative and he was very much a liberal, but I am not so partisan to know that he was truly an important person in the tech world. I am Very disappointed in your response Gene. It is low even for a liberal. You should be ashamed.

RIP Steve Jobs. As someone who has been in the IT world for most their adult life I have nothing but highest respect for your contributions to the computer world.
Jeff please keep the BS politics out of discussions on this forum, especially when I never declared I was a liberal or a conservative.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Jeff please keep the BS politics out of discussions on this forum, especially when I never declared I was a liberal or a conservative.
Gene,

I expected better from you. A simple I am sorry he is gone would have sufficed no matter what your hate of Apple and Jobs was, but you took the effort to bash Apple with your petty iPhone comments on the death of Steve Jobs and that is beyond low. Everyone knows it and may not have the courage to say it but I do. Really you should be ashamed. Not the time or place to be Apple bashing. I only used the conservative/liberal to point out differences between Jobs and I and in no way was trying to start any kind political discussion so don't even try and turn this on me when it is you that are in the wrong. Everyone knows the point I was trying to make and I doubt a single person took it as a political discussion so you can negative rep me all you want, but it only shows your character not mine.

Last edited:
GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
As much as I loathed him/apple, he's flat out one of the top entrepreneurs of all time, and one of those people we all strive to emulate in our careers. R. I. P.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
The news made me sad when I heard it earlier today. Not unexpected, but still a bit of a surprise.
Same here. I knew it was coming but I did not realize it was this soon. Very sad.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
At the risk of getting in the middle of something, I'd just like to say - peace, guys. Let's have a virtual beer and be friends.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Pancreatic cancer. It's a *****.

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose." -Steve Jobs

jinjuku

jinjuku

If that is a low point I would LOVE to have one month of his brilliance for my products and my company.

If that is a low point with 76 Billion in cash reserves and a market capitalization larger than Wal-Mart, GE, Exxon Mobile.

Well if he left on a low point I would have loved to see what a high point would have been a year or two down the road. He transformed how we use technology. You could see this in early products like the Newton and Pippin. These weren't bad products, just way ahead of their time. Technology matured and he picked the bat up and stood and the plate and pointed where he was going to knock it out of the park.

Find me a single CEO that has done that in the consumer technology space as consistently and on as many platforms he did.

At best I consider your statement as some form of... I don't know what the best light it could be portrayed in. Out of all the things that could be said about the man I see this as walking over his grave just a bit...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This is a shock !!!!

Although I didn't like Apple products it's no question that the late Mr Jobs was one of the great visionaries of our time, perhaps the greatest, a true genius is gone, really sad news ......

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
The things I wonder or think about is that four kids no longer can talk to Dad and that a wife rolls over in bed to clutch an empty pillow. So for a little while, I'll wonder what his family life was like. I'll wonder if the drive he demonstrated while at Apple's helm somehow compromised his personal life and if so, did he somehow close the circle when he left. And I hope that when he died he was surrounded by love.

On a pathetic note, I've read where the Westboro Baptist Church will be looking to protest his funeral. The irony will be if any of them will be using iPhones.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis