JesseP

JesseP

Junior Audioholic
I run a 2 channel setup for audio mostly although it does hook up to my TV and gaming systems. Personally I would rather have a better sounding 2 channel setup then to sacrifice some quality to get the extra surrounds, especially when the room you have it set up in is tight on space.

We have two entertainment systems hooked up in our house. Mine is in the basement (the one listed in my signature) and we have one upstairs that is a much nicer TV, ps3 for blueray, and a surround system. Mine in the basement is clearly the choice for listening to music since i have nicer speakers, and a dedicated preamp and power amps as opposed to a receiver. You would think i prefer to watch movies upstairs but honestly I don't. It's not my system upstairs so im not free to rearrange any of the equipment but its clear to me that its just setup poorly. If you around gonna do surround sound right then don't do it at all because it's just distracting. My mom's boyfriend has one of the channels set up to the left of the couch and the other all the way on the right side of the room so any time something zooms past the back left channel it draws all your attention there unevenly. So it really depends on the space you have and how your going to set it up.

As for old 2 channel equipment I am running my stereo downstairs with db systems preamp and power amps that are from the 70s. The preamp is so old it doesn't even come with a remote. I have to get up to even adjust the volume or switch sources. With that being said it sounds GREAT! I dont think the company is still around but the preamp cost around 1300 as did each power amp. It sounds vastly superior to the 1k Sony receiver we have upstairs. The only downside to owning old equipment is you can't be upset when it kicks the bucket. One the power amps went out a month or two ago and I have to pay to get it fixed but hey i still got another one in the meantime so not a big deal.

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
As I said, I believe, in another thread, I've heard good and bad things about the Outlaw -- but there's no doubt this unit was made by passionate people serious about the relevance of stereo receivers in the current audio landscape...

You also gotta be into the classic tabletop radio frontplate looks...;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
As I said, I believe, in another thread, I've heard good and bad things about the Outlaw -- but there's no doubt this unit was made by passionate people serious about the relevance of stereo receivers in the current audio landscape...

You also gotta be into the classic tabletop radio frontplate looks...;)
She may be ugly but her inner beauty is radiant!!! :p

M

merlin1952

Audioholic Intern
It sure isn’t very nice looking. It might be a fantastic piece of audio equipment but I do not like its looks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis