Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Truer words were never spoken.

RIP Flounder

Last edited:
DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I remember him most from St. Elsewhere which was an amazing show. Loved his Dr, Axelrod character.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
We raise our glasses in honor of Flounder. A man who was part of a movie that has become legend. A man who is also reported to be a truly nice guy despite having worked in Hollywood.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Lest we forget… Flounder's girlfriend, Sissy, was by far the best looking girlfriend among anyone's in Delta House.

Sissy, played by a U of Oregon student named Stacy Grooman, essentially an extra, made a brief appearance during the Toga party scene. Despite offers, she never appeared in another movie.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I seem to remember him from "St. Elsewhere"

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm just young enough to have missed Animal House when it was out. My parents wouldn't let me watch it and when I got older, the movie did too. I don't think I've ever watched the entire movie.

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
I'm just young enough to have missed Animal House when it was out. My parents wouldn't let me watch it and when I got older, the movie did too. I don't think I've ever watched the entire movie.
Animal House was a hit when it was released. But you're right about it getting older. At the time, Saturday Night Live was into its 2nd or 3rd season, SNL writers were smoking a lot of left handed cigarettes, and audiences primed themselves before going into the theater. I was fresh out of college and working at Callaway Cars. Brings back memories.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
I'm so old, I can remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.

So long Stephen. You will be missed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can't count how many times I've watched it. Love this movie and the National Lampoon origins. Now I live in its backyard somewhat, the Dexter Lake Club is/was just down the road (right near Dexter Lake on hwy 58, even had the Deathmobile parked out in front for a while), and the folk who last ran it now run a diner here in town (Oakridge); filmed near UofO in Eugene, and also Cottage Grove (look carefully at signs along the street during the parade). I always thought it was supposed to be in New England or something before moving here....

Oh and RIP Mr Furst.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis