Steely Dan Tonight!

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Although I'm too old to be a groupie, my nicely employed daughter bought tickets to a concert tonight in Murphys, CA. These guys are the main reason I got into this hobby in the early '70s, and have been in my top 5 favorites since then. Finally going to get me "The Steely Dan T-Shirt" :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Fantastic! Have you seen them live before? If not, this should be a real treat.

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
I saw them a couple of years ago and they were great. everything you'd expect from Steely Dan, great music, excellent sound and TIGHT band.
They really seemed to enjoy them self's and played for hours, one the best concerts I've seen.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Let us know how it was.

We saw them June 14th at the beacon Theater, NYC. They were excellent.
They had different backup singers, since the last time we saw them; still good though.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
They were playing at the Ironstone Winery Amphitheater in Murphys, a little town in the California gold country. This was my first SD concert, and really lived up to my expectations. Great venue, lighting, sound, and the performances were first rate...just what you'd expect from Fagen & Becker. Don's voice was a little hoarse, but he was having fun. Walter has finally cut his hair, and was having a good time playing & wisecracking throught the show.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
They were playing at the Ironstone Winery Amphitheater in Murphys, a little town in the California gold country. This was my first SD concert, and really lived up to my expectations. Great venue, lighting, sound, and the performances were first rate...just what you'd expect from Fagen & Becker. Don's voice was a little hoarse, but he was having fun. Walter has finally cut his hair, and was having a good time playing & wisecracking throught the show.
Sounds like a great way to celebrate a California summer night. Good on ya, Geno! Did you happen to keep a setlist?

J

jamie2112

Banned
Sounds like a great way to celebrate a California summer night. Good on ya, Geno! Did you happen to keep a setlist?
You can look on the bands website to get setlists if you are truly interested...

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Although I'm too old to be a groupie, my nicely employed daughter bought tickets to a concert tonight in Murphys, CA. These guys are the main reason I got into this hobby in the early '70s, and have been in my top 5 favorites since then. Finally going to get me "The Steely Dan T-Shirt" :D
I thought that they had broken up. Is this a reunion tour?:confused:

E

eirepaul

Audioholic
one of the few bands that sound as good on stage as on disc. Superb arrangements, excellent musicians and usually pristine sound. I have tried to catch every tour since they fired up again in 1993. Also, I was one of the lucky few who saw them during the Countdown To Ecstacy tour in London in 74(?). Don't remember much except that we were all blown away.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis