Static Noise From Onkyo Ht9100thx Receiver. Pleas Help Me I Will Die!!

N

Nishik

Audioholic Intern
Hi can you please help me here the problem is that recently about like 2 days ago a weird static noise starts to emit from only the front L and R speakers after a few minutes of operation.
Please help me. I have checked all the connections they are fine.
Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi can you please help me here the problem is that recently about like 2 days ago a weird static noise starts to emit from only the front L and R speakers after a few minutes of operation.
Please help me. I have checked all the connections they are fine.
Thanks
Does this happen even if everything is disconnected from all receiver inputs?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Couple good tips.

Hi Nishik,

Are you from Lithuania? Just curious.

Congratulations on your Onkyo HT9100THX system, it is one of the very best in that category. :)

#1. My best guess on your problem is that the connections from your DVD or Blu-ray player are not fully inserted into their respective jacks. Please, recheck and fully insert them, in particular the RCA jacks.

#2. Also, I would replace the speaker cables with a higher gauge, say 16AWG, and making sure that they are properly inserted into the speaker's posts.
Twist the ends (about 3/8 of an inch), by making sure no threads are touching the back panel of your receive, when you insert them and tight them up.
The speaker's cables that come with your system is approximatively 20AWG, which is a pretty cheap gauge. Just buy a roll of hundred feet of 16AWG.
And follow the instructions from your manual to how properly install them at both end of your system (receiver and speakers).

* Try these two tips, and let us know. :)

Cheers,

Bob

N

Nishik

Audioholic Intern
The receiver would be working fine, but then there will be a click and the static will begin.
If i turn off and turn it back on the static is gone, but it comes back on later again.

N

Nishik

Audioholic Intern
Does this happen even if everything is disconnected from all receiver inputs?
It started happening when i was playing this dvd so i ejected the dvd out but the dvd player was still ON. The static noise continued to come from the L and R speakers.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Try unplugging you subwoofer.

See if that helps

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
It started happening when i was playing this dvd so i ejected the dvd out but the dvd player was still ON. The static noise continued to come from the L and R speakers.
What kind of connection(s) are you using from your DVD player?

I bet you have a bad interconnect cable.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
All connections are HDMI.
It happens with the DVR too.
Hmmm... perhaps you should make sure that all your HDMI cables are fully inserted. Anf if they are, remove them all, and plug only one at a time, playing a disc from one of your player. Then add another one, and so on.
One might be damaged.

Also, make sure your sub is well connected too, from it's RCA input jack, going to your sub pre out of your receiver.

We'll be right here. And please, don't die just yet! :)

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Try to unplug everything for an hour. Usualy I do it overnite. My cable box makes everything buzz. I was told the capacitors are over charged and that's where the buzz is coming from. True or not, but it works for me. I do this once every 6 months.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis