Starting a new Setup

N

Neijii

Audioholic
So I got my XBR tv, so now I'm working on the audio. Since I don't have a lot of cash, I'm going to start building slowly with 2 front speakers, then add to that later on.

For around $200-300, what's the best front speakers I can get..I don't have a lot of room, so bookshelf and smaller would be ideal.

Thanks guys!

N

Neijii

Audioholic
Anyone? so far, I'm considered these:

Mirage Nanosat
EMP ECA-4
KEF iQ1

They are all around $300 and are somewhat small to fit in my limited space area.

A

alexwakelin

Full Audioholic
My dad owns the Klipsch B-3 speakers, which absolutely blow my little JBL bookshelf speakers out of the water (and they should, $300 speaker vs $70 speaker).

J

jamie2112

Banned
Get a set of Aperion audio speakers......they are very good for the price. You may be able to score a center and 2 bookshelf speakers for $300

N

Neijii

Audioholic
Aperion 4B for $260 a pair. That does sound pretty good.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

You'll want some speakers that go down to around 65-70 Hz, so that crossing over to a sub at 80 Hz down the road won't be a problem. 80 Hz. is the THX standard that many of us use. Save up and try to get the best bookshelves you can.

I haven't auditioned any of the models you've listed, sorry. These are incredible sounding bookshelves I had for two weeks before upgrading to towers:

Aperion Audio Intimus 632-LR Bookshelf Speaker - $224.00 each

http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/NEW-IN-BOX-Intimus-632-LR-Bookshelf-Speaker,17,65,32.aspx

They have an incredibble Piano Black finish, sound outstanding, big sound stage, image great. I highly recommend. Great price too.

Listen to all the speakers you can. The Aperions have a 30 day trial, shipping paid both ways. Rock solid 1" High Density Fiberboard cabinets and will really suprise you.

I look up more Internet Direct speakers worthy of consideration if you like.

Ric

J

jamie2112

Banned
Right now there is a Brand new set of Aperion intumus with a center channel on Baltimore craigslist for 100 for the set.....Just looked at it and there is a phone number....

N

Neijii

Audioholic
The wooden would look horrible in my room, and it's not $100, it's about $500..donno why he said $100

J

jamie2112

Banned
The wooden would look horrible in my room, and it's not $100, it's about $500..donno why he said $100
It clearly says "Sacrifice for $100" thats a great deal even if you have to pay a little shipping.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

Aperion 4B for $260 a pair. That does sound pretty good.
Those only go down to 100 Hz., but you could always upgrade later and use them for rear surrounds.

The reason I'm big on 80 hz. crossover is because if its much higher, with a sub, you'll hear some left/right information from the sub :(.

Those 632's really made me an Aperion freak. I have a full Aperion 5.0 system. My .1 is my SVS sub ;)

I hope you can find some good small bookshelves.

N

Neijii

Audioholic
Yea, this is driving me nuts..I wish i could just find out the best deal for $300 and under on 2 front small speakers..

J

jamie2112

Banned
Yea, this is driving me nuts..I wish i could just find out the best deal for $300 and under on 2 front small speakers..
What"s driving you nut's Neijii? The suggestions or the research you still need to do ?

N

Neijii

Audioholic
No, I love doing research, and from the research, it's hard to CHOOSE..and choosing is what is driving me nuts :D

Speakers aren't a pair of clothing you have many of, you choose it, and that's what you have..so I think it's perfectly normal to stress a bit over which to buy.

J

jamie2112

Banned
No, I love doing research, and from the research, it's hard to CHOOSE..and choosing is what is driving me nuts :D

Speakers aren't a pair of clothing you have many of, you choose it, and that's what you have..so I think it's perfectly normal to stress a bit over which to buy.
Don't stress. GO listen to as many as you can. It should be fun selecting a pair of speakers not stressful... Relax and enjoy yourself......:eek:

N

Neijii

Audioholic
I like the idea that Aperion has the 30 day trial. My bedroom is small, it's about 15'x15' so I know I don't need HUGE power..

I'm going to try the Aperion 4B, see how I like it and take it from there.

I figure, i'll add a center and a sub in a few months or so, THEN, when I can, replace the 4B with something else and move the 4B as rear speakers..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis