Star Wars; "Rogue One"

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It was sold out last week and still listed as out of stock today. I really liked it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I am definitely a Star Wars fan. My very first movie experience was A New Hope (we didn't call it that back then) at the drive in with my sister and my parents. I was completely blown away and Star Wars will always have that magical feel for me. I think it's what sparked my interest in astronomy.

I was pretty impressed with the The Force Awakens after the Star Wars "light" we got with the last trilogy. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't Star Wars to me. TFW felt like Star Wars again. I was very pleasantly surprised. I didn't think Disney would do it justice. I was wrong. I even bought the Blu Ray, something I never do.

I haven't seen Rogue One and I'm pretty lukewarm about it. Almost to the point of avoiding it. Is it good? Does it feel like Star Wars? TFW is a pretty tough act to follow and I don't want to taint my perception of the new trilogy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Rogue One is infinitely better than TFA, IMHO. I was not a fan of TFA; though it had the look, it lacked the feel. Buy the BD for this one too, I don't think you will regret it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Rogue One is infinitely better than TFA, IMHO. I was not a fan of TFA; though it had the look, it lacked the feel. Buy the BD for this one too, I don't think you will regret it.
Lol. I typed TFW. I kept hearing the W in awakens in my head when I was typing. :confused:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
BUT... You've assuaged some of my apprehnsiveness about it. I'll give it a rent before I buy, but I'll check it out and report back.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
When I say "the feel", I mean one of the things that was endearing about the originals is that I felt like I wanted the characters to succeed; their struggle felt real and relevant, basically I cared. It is something intangible that makes a great film IMHO, and I felt Rogue One had that, not to mention you KNOW where all of it is leading to in A New Hope.

TFA felt familiar, and definitely better than the previous 3, but I still felt a bit of disconnection from the whole thing. It is like the elements were there but didn't quite get the chemistry right. Kind of like going to a great burger joint that has amazing burgers but the fries suck and they only have bud light. I'll still eat it, but...man if they just got it right.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Saw it for free online. Load of rubbish it was.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Saw it for free online. Load of rubbish it was.
I think it could have been worse. :D

I don't have the urge to re-watch Rogue One. But I think it is a lot better than any of the newer SW movies (starting with Ep I). I think "Rogue One" is 100% better than "The Force Awakens" since TFA was so pathetic :D

If the new "SW The Last Jedi" is as decent as "Rogue One", I would be at least content.

I just hope "The Last Jedi" isn't a total rehash/remake BS job of "Return of the Jedi"!!!! :eek:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I saw Rogue One a couple weeks ago, it was fine for what it was. I am not a Star Wars fan, so I am not emotionally invested in these movies having to be nothing less than absolutely fantastic. I think people would enjoy these movie more if they didn't take them so seriously.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was supposed to go to Star Wars Celebration, but my buddy who runs his little toy convention company decided to do Indiana Comic Con. At least I have my tickets for San Diego and C2E2 in Chicago.

Next week busy week. Sat = AXPONA in Rosemont, IL then C2E2 in Chicago on Sunday...<---NERD

I will preface that I do not cosplay, Larp ...I am more of a closet nerd

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Rented the Blu Ray last night. The first half of it almost put me to sleep, but the ending, wow. Plus I think that's the most badass we've seen Vader in a movie yet. He was deflecting blaster bolts, force pushing and force choking bitches in a way I've not seen outside of a video game.

On one hand I found it really slow in the beginning, but when things started picking up toward the end it was pretty damned cool. Tarkin and Leia... not bad with the cg, but a little off looking at times.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
star wars sucks bluray star wars sucks sick and tired of hollywood mixers near field mixing so there remix near field crap is gonna go into the cat litter why should I listen to these oscar crap mixes if no theatrical its near field carp garbage sound mixing

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis