lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I think it is considered to be even;):D
The definition of an even number is that it fits the form

2(n) : n being any whole number.

2(n) + 1 : n being any whole number is the definition of odd. So make those 3-ways 4-ways and you can drive that day of the week too. Well that is if your tiger woods.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
here's the source for the regulation:
https://www.bergen.kommune.no/luftkvalitet?sectionId=6023

And to make it harder for people now they're blocking 50% of the capacity of all parking houses in city center, just to make it harder for people to use cars.

Any questions may be sent to: Info.avd@bergen.kommune.no :(

yes, many people here are strange, they complain about regulations and taxes and when it comes to elections they vote for the same left-wing party over and over again.

I'm sure that if something like this happened in US or canada there would be a regular riot, but here people just accept these things.....

Norway, the new communistic regime taking over from North Korea

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The result of these measures is a significant increased pollution in city, when these measures are made to reduce NOx levels.

Petrol driven cars barely have any kind of NOx emission at all, the main sources for this is large diesel driven trucks and buses.... these are exempt from this as the trucks and buses are allowed to drive for commercial use...

So to reduce NOx we prohibit the cars to drive... that don't have NOx emission
and we allow the trucks with loads of NOx emmission still to drive

Now there are much more buses going and.....

Somebody is scammingus severly here

Now there is sombody here calling herself "climate-council" he he he

The rest of the world must be laughing of these people now :p

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
So to reduce NOx we prohibit the cars to drive... that don't have NOx emission and we allow the trucks with loads of NOx emmission still to drive
Aren't catalytic converters used to reduce these kind of emissions ?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Aren't catalytic converters used to reduce these kind of emissions ?
They help but if Norwegians are anything like many Americans, they don't take their cars in as soon as the check engine light goes on or when they fail emissions checks for a bad EGR. The EGR has a lot to do with NOx emissions and they can stick because of carbon deposits.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
catalyzers do this and every car more than 3 years old have to be checked for all kinds of things, including emissions... every two years... If you don't do this you lose the plates on your car....

So I don't thuink emissions from cars is troublesome

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
So what about trucks and buses in Norway, aren't they checked for emissions etc... or aren't catalyzers required for them ?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
So what about trucks and buses in Norway, aren't they checked for emissions etc... or aren't catalyzers required for them ?
ye it's probably the same but a 30 ton truck don't have the same emission regulations as a Toyota Aygo, sometimes you can hardly see the road when driving behind some of these big machines du to all paricles and other emission...

From what I know.... Ships along the coastline represent more than 55% of the total emissions, should they ban these too :eek:

A ship at the harbor will need to have some sort of engines running in order to provide electrical power, the emissions from these ships are, from what I know, significant compared to cars, so what to do about this... you cannot ban them from doing this.....

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The average person doesn't understand that the modern Non-Commercial car is significantly cleaner than it was 20 years ago, and they weren't a significant source of pollution in the 90's either.

We are in denial to the fact that the source of most pollution is Over Population.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The average person doesn't understand that the modern Non-Commercial car is significantly cleaner than it was 20 years ago, and they weren't a significant source of pollution in the 90's either.

We are in denial to the fact that the source of most pollution is Over Population.
Overpopulation of idiots? or just Overpopulation? :rolleyes:

AAAAAAAAAND............we're right back to Stalin again.:D
Where is Terminator.... when you need him?

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Some people call this one of the best countries in the world but we have politicians worse than #"%&¤#, this is worse than Soviet Union.

But his name is not Stalin but city council in Bergen.
As of Friday 15 she introduces a driving-ban in the city center for public traffic for general public.

If the plate number ends on an odd digit you are allowed to drive on dates with odd numbers
If the plate number ends on an even digit you are allowed to drive on dates with even numbers
Around the perimeter of the city center there's now made a number of public parking places where people may put their cars and there will be a huge range of people from city council to organize this.

This is an effort to increase air quality because somebody think it's so polluted here now.

There's been a number of SMS's sent around about this situation to the whole population of the city of Bergen (Norway)

I can only guess what this will cost to the city council and how much the cost of this will be to the public, people not getting to work, lost business and more.....

Shocking and absolutely crazy is a gross understatement

This country is going to hell now, need to get out of this. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I feel sorry for anyone stuck living in a nanny state. I don't think I could submit myself to living under such a government.......

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oh, it's coming for you my friend.:D
yea...pretty scary stuff.

With that said, I have faith todays Marxist takeover of the Federal govt. will serve as a wake up call for the American people. America isn't buying it.....This administrations Hammer & sickle brand of "Hope and Change" will be their own undoing. It's just a matter of time.........

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
All these ridicously stupid measures were ended this weekend, because it's said to be better now, but these rules may be called inn again later...

I can only imagine about the cost of these things and for what...???

Now there's some aditional traffic rules being set in, like reduction of speed limit from 80 km/h to 60 km/h on a motorway and halfway blocking of right lane, allowing only cars with 2+ people in right lane, and this is done in an area where there's never been any queues or traffic problems ever.

My respect for these people are at the freezing point, or even less :eek:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
All these ridicously stupid measures were ended this weekend, because it's said to be better now, but these rules may be called inn again later...

I can only imagine about the cost of these things and for what...???

Now there's some aditional traffic rules being set in, like reduction of speed limit from 80 km/h to 60 km/h on a motorway and halfway blocking of right lane, allowing only cars with 2+ people in right lane, and this is done in an area where there's never been any queues or traffic problems ever.

My respect for these people are at the freezing point, or even less :eek:
Of course it's better, or the government would appear to have failed in their reasoning and they want to seem infallible. I don't think it's a matter of which country's government it is, either. They all want to stay in place for as long as possible.

If you know of a way to contact someone in charge (assuming you really want to), ask if they considered how the extra commute time caused by the 60KPH speed limit will affect their own drive to wherever it is that they go. If public transportation normally moves at the 80KPH speed, nothing will be on time and the scheduling of every route will be useless. That will add expense for the transportation entity, people be late for everything and in fact, 80KPH may be a more efficient speed, depending on the shift points of the various vehicles.

Freezing point? That's higher than mine, for the US government. My appreciation level is more like absolute zero.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Freezing point? That's higher than mine, for the US government. My appreciation level is more like absolute zero.
Oh come on, admit it, Pelosi gives you a little warm spot...you know, down there.:p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis