F

Fatpaw

Audiophyte
Hello audiophiles have a question about the subwoofer or lfe output on av receiver an integra 8.9 to be exact is it possible to split that output with a rca y cable one side going to a powered sub the other side going to an amp to power an unpowered sub this is an outdoor system two separate zones thanks for any help

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Splitting the signal itself isn't a particular issue (I've split a sub pre-out up to four ways). Hopefully each amp/sub has a gain control so you can use the same signal level without issue. What are the particular sub and amp involved?

F

Fatpaw

Audiophyte
Thank you for the reply on the powered sub it’s an old def tech super cube it will be on a weather prof deck the other side going to a outdoor speaker depot OSD SMP500 amp then to theirxsub12 buried sub . I had a pair osd outdoor speakers awhile bake they were okay not looking for critical listening just trying to a little more fuller sound .The other satellites will be a set of klipish aw650 I think that the model number and a set of Nile’s rock speakers not sure of model number but they’re supposed to have an 8” woofer the amp does have volume control once again thank you your response

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis